Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D* has me with wrong equipment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LowPingBoy

LowPingBoy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCoastal North Carolina

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

Checked in with D* yesterday to see about exchanging my 2 HR10s for the upgrade they are currently offering. CR said I only have one HR10. So while still on the phone I went to the site and checked my equipment list; sure enough, 1 HR10, 3 HR20s and 1 HR21. But I only have 2 HR20s and I do have 2 HR10s. Interestingly, the access card and unit serial number for one of the 3 on the list is really for the HR10 they do not have on the list. Now, I'm touching the HR10 in question, but the CR is telling me that it is really a HR20. I read the system information screen to her and she insists that the unit is a HR20. I told her that I do not believe that the HR20 has a Tivo interface and the unit I am looking at sure does. Still no Joy. Anyhow, she scheduled an installer to come by and give me a new HR20/21 for 1 HR10. But it sure would be a lot nicer if he showed up with 2 of them.

Any ideas on how to convince somebody there that I really do have 2 HR10s?

Thanks for any ideas.

LPB

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,834 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

You could try calling another CSR, I suppose.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Kansas Zephyr

Kansas Zephyr

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Yes, have the tech replace the "non HR10-250".

Then afterward you can call back and get the "real" HR10-250 swapped.
5 LNB Slimline & SWM-16
SWM1 2 HR20s & HR21 via SWS-4 "green label" 4-way splitter w/power pass one leg for PI - SWM2 2 HR20s & HR21 after SWS-4 "green label" 4-way splitter
2 HR20-700 Wireless network for DoD
HR20-700 eSATA Vantec NexStar CX w/ 2TB WD20EVDS
HR21-100/AM21 Wireless network for DoD
HR21-100/AM21
With diplexed OTA via an "out" on one SWS-4 4-way splitter, using a Winegard YA 1713 - Channel Master 4228 - Channel Master 7777 in the attic.
Yes, my market has HD LiLs...and I'm still not giving up OTA! No rain-fade, and all sub-channels 24/7/365.
Also, with diplexed Cox Internet on one leg, downstream of a SWS-4 4-way splitter, using a SWS-2 2-way splitter, as a combiner.
R10 via SWM-16 Legacy 1
In boxes HR10-250, HDVR2 & (2) D10-300

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

Actually, you need to call DirecTV and ask for the Access Card department. They're the ones who can get your equipment straightened out. A normal CSR can't do anything about this.

#5 OFFLINE   LowPingBoy

LowPingBoy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCoastal North Carolina

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:56 AM

Received a PM from a CSR. Provided him with some data, account #, Rec Id, etc. Logged in and checked my equipment 30 minutes later and bingo, all fixed. A quick call about my installation; they acknowledged that I have 2 HR10s, and will make sure the installer shows up with a pair of them for me.

Very nice, satisfactory resolution to the problem.

Is it just a crap shoot as to whether you get 20, 21 or 22?

LPB

#6 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

Is it just a crap shoot as to whether you get 20, 21 or 22?

LPB

Yes.

spam firewall