Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Burlington, VT-Plattsburgh, NY

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tj177mmi

tj177mmi

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

I saw it too on WCAX, and had to switch to OTA. Was the Fox game ok?? I checked it a couple of times to see the score, but I was watching the red hot Buffalo Wings game ......

It seems to be only on WCAX. Right now, its studddddering very badly. I can't get OTA and hopefully they won't take away my DNS until they get the problem fixed so its not an everyday occurrence. The quality is also very low for 1080i channels.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

All the locals in general seem to suffer from marginal HD quality until they switch to the national programming around 8pm. Upside, I was watching WCAX on Monday nite and did not notice a audio burp at all from 9pm - 10pm.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci

#23 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

WCAX Choppy. Picture is VERY choppy with occasional pixelation. Currently running PGA Tour golf. Picture freezes about every 2 seconds for a brief instant. No other channels seem to be affected at this time. Have performed a RBR on the box (H20-100, I am at my parents).
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci

#24 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

Problem has expanded. All locals are choppy, pixelated, freezing up approx every 1 second. Have performed a RBR on my HR21, no effect.
~Leonardo da Vinci

#25 OFFLINE   ChasDTV

ChasDTV

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

Problem has expanded. All locals are choppy, pixelated, freezing up approx every 1 second. Have performed a RBR on my HR21, no effect.

Yup, me too.

#26 OFFLINE   tominvt

tominvt

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCastleton, VT

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

Same here. Transponders for locals are 92% and steady. Did a restart and had no effect.
Slimline 3
HR24-500
Denon AVR-1312
LG 47" LCD/LED TV
Westell Versalink Router/modem

#27 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Mine are all at 100. I am now just getting a black screen. (No 771 or anything like that, just black). I am assuming our pals at D* are aware, but am on the phone on hold jus in case...)
~Leonardo da Vinci

#28 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

"Technical issues". They are working on it. Also got a call from my parents, they thought they broke their TV. =)
~Leonardo da Vinci

#29 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:34 AM

Well, whatever it was, seems to be fixed this am. Wonder if some critter got into the uplink facility to stay warm and messed things up??? =)
~Leonardo da Vinci

#30 OFFLINE   sticketfan

sticketfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

i am not getting a signal from 3-1 or 3-2 today after they have done the switch over last night,anyone else having a problem? is it possible i dont get the signal anymore even though is was the strongest signal i had...

#31 OFFLINE   HDinVT

HDinVT

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:37 AM

i am not getting a signal from 3-1 or 3-2 today after they have done the switch over last night,anyone else having a problem? is it possible i dont get the signal anymore even though is was the strongest signal i had...

Sticketfan,
A thread has been established to consolidate these issues for D*. It is located here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=152685

Did you try to redo the Antenna setup? It appears to work for some.
Subscriber Since: June 1998
HR20-700 [eSATA - 1TB WD in an Thermaltake Max 5 enclosure] & HR21-100 [1TB internal HD]
AU9S with SL3-SWM -> PI -> SWS-4 splitter

#32 OFFLINE   tj177mmi

tj177mmi

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

* Channel(s) affected -WCAX
* Date - 4/11
* Time - 3:30 pm, was watching Masters
* Description of Issue

The video studder has returned. Very unwatchable. The problem seemed to be fixed for the NCAA Tourney, but it has returned.

#33 OFFLINE   sticketfan

sticketfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:36 AM

anyone been having problems with channel 5 wptz lately? both sat. and the ota channels have been unwatchable at times with the freezing....

#34 OFFLINE   HDinVT

HDinVT

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:45 AM

anyone been having problems with channel 5 wptz lately? both sat. and the ota channels have been unwatchable at times with the freezing....

some rain fade yesterday, during downpours, have not seen rain like that up here in a long time. It reminded me of FL. Anyhow, the rain fade had me on 5.1 to watch some of the Players, and 5.2 to check the radar. I did notice some of what you are talking about yesterday on 5.1, but I blamed it on those downpours passing between me and Mt. Mansfield. I dont know if that can happen with OTA signals or not, but there was lightining too.
HR20-700 [eSATA - 1TB WD in an Thermaltake Max 5 enclosure] & HR21-100 [1TB internal HD]

#35 OFFLINE   kaszeta

kaszeta

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:01 AM

Anyone else having severe stuttering (bbbbrrrrriiipppp) problems on WFFF? Signal strength is good and I'm seeing identical glitching on two different receivers hooked to two different dishes, so I strongly suspect this is an upstream problem.

Channel: WFFF (44), HD
Time: Constant, observed last at 8pm on Tuesday and Wednesday

#36 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

All Locals in the Burlington VT DMA are out. D* screen is up noting that "No need to call us, we are aware of the technical difficulties". Misses is looking to watch Dancing with the Stars, and is less then pleased. Hopefully this will fixed soon or they will switch over to the National feeds, or I am gonna have a VERY upset bosswoman here!
~Leonardo da Vinci

#37 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

Locals just came back up. Dancing with the Stars is on in glorious HD, I am spacing out in front of the laptop to tune it out, the wife is happy, and peace returns to the household.......
~Leonardo da Vinci

#38 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,948 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

I'm thinking of moving to the Burlington, VT area.

Are MSG, SNY & YES available there?

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#39 OFFLINE   HDinVT

HDinVT

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

They are NOT considered part of our market. You end up with NESN and CSNE(?). A lot of Red Sox and Bruins fans up here. To be honest I am a NHL CI sub and don't pay a lot of attention.

Depending on how big a priority these NY sports stations are, you could live across the lake in the Plattsburgh NY area and I bet that would change your market. I don't know any subs over there to confirm. there are people that live here and work there and visa versa.

#40 OFFLINE   hbg ota nut

hbg ota nut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

Use this to find out
http://www.directv.c...assetId=3450006

That said I did a quick search for you and previous poster was right, Burlington only gets Boston sports.

However, Plattsburgh gets only NY:
YES Network HD (Ch. 631) - HD Available

New Jersey Nets (HD Available)

Yankees (HD Available)

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 634) - HD Available

Buffalo Sabres (HD Available)

New Jersey Devils (HD Available)

New York Islanders (HD Available)

New York Knicks (HD Available)

New York Rangers (HD Available)

MSG Plus HD (Ch. 635) - HD Available

New Jersey Devils (HD Available)