Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
2 simple SWM install questions
Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:51 AM
First, after I do the switch to SWM-8 from the multiswitch, do I have to go through satellite setup again for the two HR20's I already have?
Second, does the HR22 come with software "out of the box" that is already capable of using the SWM, or do I have to first attach it to the multiswitch output and update the software to the latest NR and then use the SWM?
Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:57 AM
Don't have to do whole guided setup just power off reset.
2) Yes ,software out of the box should be good for SWM
MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.
Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:59 AM
The HR22 will be good to go out of the box - it will go through the initial setup if you haven't activated it yet, but otherwise it will be seamless.
Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:10 AM