Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H21-100 0x4082 Issues/Discussion

l616

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:20 AM

This is the issue and discussion thread for H21-100 0x4082.

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=140641

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants.

All off-topic posts will be deleted.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bigbw

bigbw

AllStar

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

when viewing the program guide, pressing the select button only changes the preview view, have to press select twice to actually change to that program.. Not a big thing, but annoying, at least to me..

#3 OFFLINE   Brandito

Brandito

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:36 PM

anyway to force this update manually? my box is still on 407E, which it also lists as the initial firmware. thing is i've had this receiver for a couple weeks now.

i wouldn't think it, but does the firmware reset to the original version after a reset? doesn't seem logical that it would but i guess one never knows.

box is connected to the phone line and passes all tests.

does the location you live dictate if and when you get an update at all? i've been having a lot of problems with my box and am hoping an update will fix most if not all.

edit: i now see there's a staggered release starting the 25th, so i'm due anytime i hope, sorry for not reading further.

anywhere i can find a history of previous firmware releases?

#4 OFFLINE   Aramaea

Aramaea

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

I have an issue here in Alaska. We use the 1.2 meter dish with a 99/101/103 LNB and only on H21 models am I having the following issue. When customer leave their receivers on a 103 channel for a while, they will loose all their guide data. When they go to pull up their channel menu, it says "no channels in favorites list" The customer then has to reset the receiver and the problem is fixed. I have a few customers that have to reset their receiver a half dozen times a day. I think that the receiver is getting its HD guide data off the 119 sat. Since we have a seperate dish for the 110/119 sats, most customers only have the 99/101/103 lnb with no capability to pick up the 119 sat for the guide data. Can anyone enlighten me on what might be causing this issue? This only happens on the H21-100's. I have heard that a temporary fix may be to autotune the receiver to a SD channel every night when they are done watching TV. This seems like a software glitch to me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...