Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish disabled S-video & Composite ports???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   golazo

golazo

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

Last week I was able to record content off the S-video and today, I noticed I could no longer see video.

There is nothing wrong with my 811, and the video still shows the menu guide, channel info and description, but there is no video content in the little window
while browsing the guide. The DVI port is still showing video content, but I'm
pretty sure Dish disable the video content off S-video & Composite ports.

I thought it was just the S-Video port, but also the Composite video is showing
the same behavior; no video content, just channel info and description data.

Did the recent Dish s/w upgrade disable the S-video and Composite video ports?
Way to treat your loyal customers *******s! Direct TV is looking better and better
by the day!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DNSFSS

DNSFSS

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

The "only thing" wrong with your 811 is that it's not going to work very much longer if at all...do your upgrade to a 211 and be done with it.

Last week I was able to record content off the S-video and today, I noticed I could no longer see video.

There is nothing wrong with my 811, and the video still shows the menu guide, channel info and description, but there is no video content in the little window

Way to treat your loyal customers *******s! Direct TV is looking better and better
by the day!!!

Please note that none of my opinions here are necessarily the opinion of my employer (DISH Network) or of Echostar Holdings Corporation (EHC). For these opinions, please visit DishNetwork.com or Echostar.com.

#3 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

by the day!!!

In short, no they did not disable it. Try doing a front panel reset (push and hold power for 10 seconds on the front of the receiver itself). If that doesn't work, try a hard reset (unplug the receiver from power). If still no, there's something wrong with the receiver. Call and do the upgrade even if you do fix it, that box will stop working in the relatively near future.

#4 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

There could also be a problem with your S-video cable, or the device the 811 is connected to (VCR I presume). I have an S-VHS recorder that is connected to my 611. If the power goes out on the VCR I have to reset the input to S-Video (the default is composite/RCA).

Maybe that is what is causing you to not see a picture.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

spam firewall