Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Springfield-Holyoke, MA

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   whereami

whereami

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:50 AM

Cool news! I'll look forward to seeing FOX in HD again. Also, if you plan on keeping on top of Directv regarding the quality issues, try to keep track of the times and programs that NBC is choppy. The folks at the advocacy office and pretty much all the other techs (Halstead, FOM, etc.) are trying to collect that info.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#162 OFFLINE   facscc

facscc

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

Cool news! I'll look forward to seeing FOX in HD again. Also, if you plan on keeping on top of Directv regarding the quality issues, try to keep track of the times and programs that NBC is choppy. The folks at the advocacy office and pretty much all the other techs (Halstead, FOM, etc.) are trying to collect that info.

The choppy was so bad that even the double pause on the DVR didn't fix it !!

That's bad !

#163 OFFLINE   sssnnnlll

sssnnnlll

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I called again since 22 and 40 are both more or less unwatchable with the choppiness and voice sync. I also sent a message to the "customer advocacy office" (Jennifer) to try to get their assistance in escalating this. Hard to believe that after all the calls and emails from so many people in Western Mass that this has not really been addressed yet. Keep the calls going to them - it's probably the only hope we have that the problems will get any attention.

#164 OFFLINE   shovelhd

shovelhd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

The Celtics game yesterday on ABC40 HD was unwatchable. The pause trick only works on DVR's. I checked the OTA feed and it had none of these problems, but the picture quality was terrible. It seems like there is a problem with the HD broadcast and a problem with the handoff to D*.

#165 OFFLINE   facscc

facscc

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

I know it's a different topic, but it looks like the Govt. is going to push back the Digital switch over to June 12th !

I was hoping that once things switched over that the sync problems would go away.

#166 OFFLINE   whereami

whereami

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna give them a call again regarding the choppiness as well. Also, the FOX station isn't using the fullscreen. The black border is around the entire picture.

#167 OFFLINE   facscc

facscc

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna give them a call again regarding the choppiness as well. Also, the FOX station isn't using the fullscreen. The black border is around the entire picture.

Yeah, mine is the same way. But I can change the aspect ration on the TV itself, so not too bad. This picture quality goes down some when I do that, but it's better that what it was before.

#168 OFFLINE   svtc

svtc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

mine is the same way. anyone know why it is like that?

#169 OFFLINE   sritter

sritter

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:18 AM

Any changes in the last week or so?

#170 OFFLINE   sssnnnlll

sssnnnlll

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

Any changes in the last week or so?

Fox 6 is now coming in full screen HD when the programming allows, but ABC40 has been choppy pretty much continuously on DirecTV for at least a week.

Edited by sssnnnlll, 10 February 2009 - 07:11 PM.

#171 OFFLINE   bootsy

bootsy

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

Fox 6 is now coming in full screen HD when the programming allows, but ABC40 has been choppy pretty much continuously on DirecTV for at least a week.

Fox 6 was unwatchable last night. Audio was off about a second or two...

#172 OFFLINE   sssnnnlll

sssnnnlll

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Fox 6 was unwatchable last night. Audio was off about a second or two...

As of now (Sunday 7 pm), 40 is unwatchable with that 1-2 second delay. Fox6 actually came in fine for the Daytona 500 - I was surprised.

I called DTV again on Friday night about the problems and it has been "elevated" - again. It would be good if everyone in the area would call to increase the chance of getting this resolved for good.

#173 OFFLINE   Microphone

Microphone

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

I'm new to the HD world as of earlier this month. Had problems last night on ABC40and tonight on FOX 6. Choppy and watchable. When I found this forum, I was "happy:rolleyes:" to see more replies here than any other locals forum.

See it's been dead here for a while. Did you guys finally get tired of the problems and give up???

#174 OFFLINE   Microphone

Microphone

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

Fox 6 a mess tonight, again.

#175 OFFLINE   OneOfOne

OneOfOne

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:44 AM

it seems that the backup solution is to 'where available' get the lifeline cable offering for less than 8 or so bucks from comcast. I know charter sucks to youre sol with them anyway. either that or ota.
professionally calibrated Sony 60xbr2
professionally calibrated Sony es5200 based sound system featuring klipsch rf-52 5.1 speakers
Sony 700 series lcd
Sony 800 series 3d lcd
2 boxee boxes and one popcorn hour A300

anyone who watches 'reality' tv is single handedly lowering our species collective IQ

#176 OFFLINE   sssnnnlll

sssnnnlll

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Has anyone been able to get any insight into the retrans dispute between DirecTV and Gormally Broadcasting that has caused the local WGGB channels Fox (6) and ABC (40) to go away?

The wggb.com site has an update from 12/9 that progress was made but that's the latest.  DirecTV's latest update is from 12/1 when the channels were removed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...