Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

External Hard Drive Folders Added for ViP612's

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

L6.02 for the ViP612 may or may not have fixed anything, but I discovered this morning it has added an External Hard Drive folders function - essentially the same as we have in the internal drive, and the folders on the internal drive show up when you go to move content to the external drive. The text labels for the folders have been changed to a dark colored typeface.

Let's hope they can add it soon to the ViP622/722's as well.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

:welcome: Hope, hope, hope. :welcome:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:15 PM

L6.02 for the ViP612 may or may not have fixed anything, but I discovered this morning it has added an External Hard Drive folders function - essentially the same as we have in the internal drive, and the folders on the internal drive show up when you go to move content to the external drive. The text labels for the folders have been changed to a dark colored typeface.

Let's hope they can add it soon to the ViP622/722's as well.

Any change in the interface for the EHD? Still jumping through hoops trying to manage programs?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:56 PM

The interface is basically unchanged other than the addition of the folders and the dark colored font.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

The interface is basically unchanged other than the addition of the folders and the dark colored font.

Don't you think they could do better than that? How hard can it be to duplicate the logic for the EHD? Come on, Dish!
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#6 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,541 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

One step at a time. The rest will come...soon.:sure:

#7 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

One step at a time. The rest will come...soon.:sure:

Yeah, so will World Peace. They haven't changed the EHD interface on the 722 since they introduced it several updates ago.

#8 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,541 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, so will World Peace. They haven't changed the EHD interface on the 722 since they introduced it several updates ago.

It's driving me nuts. My 612 has folders. All nice and neat. Put the hard drive on my 722, no folders. I hope it comes to the 722 in the next week rather than "soon".:confused:

#9 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

Ain't gonna happen on the 722 in the next week, that's 99% for sure. I'd love to see it happen myself as well.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#10 OFFLINE   slick1ru2

slick1ru2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:57 AM

Can I take my external HDDs on my 612 and 622 and swap them and watch them on each other?

#11 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:39 AM

Can I take my external HDDs on my 612 and 622 and swap them and watch them on each other?

Yes, provided the Household Keys are identical.
Menu - 6 - 3 - Counters then page down ~6 times.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...