Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Not authorized to Record?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   groove93

groove93

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:13 AM

HD Locals just came on this morning so I decided to add some shows to my list. I attempted to add Heroes HD to my list but I receive the following message:

"This Program May not record because this receiver is not currently authorized for it."

I added the program anyway but what does this message mean?
HR21-100 (Networked using WMP11 and TVersity)
Sony BDP-S350 Blu Ray Player
both connected via HDMI to Sony KDL46V2500
Optical and Digital Coax for audio to Sony STR-DE895
R10 Standard Def Tivo
Network/Internet Connection via Netgear WGR-614 v.7 Wireless Router (ICS)
Harmony 880 Remote

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   keith_benedict

keith_benedict

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

HD Locals just came on this morning so I decided to add some shows to my list. I attempted to add Heroes HD to my list but I receive the following message:

"This Program May not record because this receiver is not currently authorized for it."

It means Directv didn't turn on the DVR service for you. You need to call them and have them reauthorize your box. I think there may be a way to do this from Directv's website.

#3 OFFLINE   sdicomp

sdicomp

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

If you can view the HD local channel, it will record. Might reset the DVR, and try to schedule again.
Charter Digital Cable(w/FREE HD)
Charter Motorola HD DVR into Mitsubishi WD-65738 via HDMI(through Yamaha RX-V673)-networked w/Buffalo WAP
Charter Motorola HD DVR into Dynex DX-32L150A11 via HDMI

#4 OFFLINE   groove93

groove93

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

It means Directv didn't turn on the DVR service for you. You need to call them and have them reauthorize your box. I think there may be a way to do this from Directv's website.

DVR Service has been active Since June.
R10 Standard Def Tivo
Harmony 880 Remote

#5 OFFLINE   rudeney

rudeney

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

Go here and login to your account to refresh services. If that doesn’t work , call D*.

https://www.directv....thorization.jsp

#6 OFFLINE   groove93

groove93

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

Found the problem, When I set the Shows "Life" and "Heroes" to record, they were set to record from and NBCHD affiliate that I don't receive. That same day my Locals became Available in HD so I guess the guide chose the wrong channel. Tried to watch "Life" tonight and a "Checking for Authorization" message appeared on the screen. Looked at the info and it was Channel 87 or something like that. I checked my Recording settings and "Life" was set to record on Friday Nights on the right channel, and Monday night on the wrong channel.
R10 Standard Def Tivo
Harmony 880 Remote

#7 OFFLINE   rudeney

rudeney

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

You need to delete those SL’s setup on the channels you no longer get and create new SL’s on the new local channels. The HR2x won’t automatically look for the same SL’s on a different channel.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...