Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

External HD and error code 788

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zog1234

zog1234

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Western digital 500gb drive

Several months ago, I activated the drive, and successfully transferred files.

After several months, I plugged in the drive , drive was recognized. When I attempted to start a "send to drive" session, I get error code 788. The drive has not been used for several months, never used on any other 622 DVR. I do not want to reformat the drive. Why is the drive suddenly not recognized??

Rebooted DVR, rebooted drive, tested with another USB cable. Nothing clears error code 788.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

What happens if you attempt to restore an event from the EHD to the receiver's HD, and can you playback an event stored on the EHD?
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#3 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,553 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

Western digital 500gb drive

Several months ago, I activated the drive, and successfully transferred files.

After several months, I plugged in the drive , drive was recognized. When I attempted to start a "send to drive" session, I get error code 788. The drive has not been used for several months, never used on any other 622 DVR. I do not want to reformat the drive. Why is the drive suddenly not recognized??

Rebooted DVR, rebooted drive, tested with another USB cable. Nothing clears error code 788.

Ouch! When Dish added the hex code for accounts that allowed moving the EHD between 622/722/612 receivers on the same account, a few did have problems with the error code 788 unrecognized drive. How long ago was it when you last hooked up your drive?

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#4 OFFLINE   zog1234

zog1234

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

What happens if you attempt to restore an event from the EHD to the receiver's HD, and can you playback an event stored on the EHD?

No menu options to restore from drive.

#5 OFFLINE   zog1234

zog1234

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:03 PM

Ouch! When Dish added the hex code for accounts that allowed moving the EHD between 622/722/612 receivers on the same account, a few did have problems with the error code 788 unrecognized drive. How long ago was it when you last hooked up your drive?

Several months ago. Sounds like an entitlement problem. Anyone know who in tech support could resolve this problem?? (A direct phone number would be useful).
Thanks for providing a clue.

#6 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

Several months ago. Sounds like an entitlement problem. Anyone know who in tech support could resolve this problem?? (A direct phone number would be useful).
Thanks for providing a clue.

Something similar happened to me about 6 months ago. Call Dish and have them send a "hit" to your DVR. It cleared up my issue by somehow marrying up the DVR and EHD. May not work but worth a try.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...