Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox Saturday Baseball Not Part of Extra Innings Package on DTV.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:52 AM

I have had Direc TV and been an MLB Extra Innings Subscriber every year that i've had my dish. I've often wondered why Major League Baseball doesn't have the Fox Saturday Games on the regular Fox Network Saturday afternoons as part of the Extra Innings Package. Does anyone know why this is and if they ever plan on adding these games to the extra innings package? It has been bad enough that ESPN Kept us Legitimate Subscribers for so long without seeing Wednsday night telecasts that it got ridiculous that you'd come in on Wednsday night only to find games Blacked out. I particulary would like for all the Fox Games to be available but notice Blackouts have been lifted on Wednsday nights now i assume because of espn's coverage of all the Hockey and Basketball playoffs they had to lift these blackouts because they couldn't cover all 3 sports. But getting back to the Fox Saturday Games. Anyone know if they will show these games instead of us having to settle for the game in our Local Market on our Local Fox Station? My Local Fox Station always seems to carry the Mets or the Yankees and I'd rather see other games besides these. It always seems the Yankees or Mets Game is the National Fox Game of the week. Sometimes it's other games. But Very Rarely. By the way I live in the Memphis Local DMA and wish they'd show more N.L. Central Division Matchups. 2 weeks ago we did get the Cubs-Cards game. But this week back to the Braves-Mets again. :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,862 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:44 AM

Checking my local schedule from KTXL-40 Sacramento:

5/30 - Seattle Mariners at Minnesota Twins.
6/7 - No information available.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#3 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:35 PM

Fox Saturday Baseball Game of the week for Fox 13 Memphis, Tennessee May 31, 2003......Atlanta Braves vs New York Mets Live from Shea Stadium in Flushing, New York. 12 Noon Central Time

#4 OFFLINE   bills976

bills976

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 06:44 PM

You know the real sad thing is that ESPN and FOX could make more money if they made an agreement with MLB and Directv to add their baseball games to the Extra Innings package. Fox's only issue being of course the locals losing out on ad revenue... which of course could be solved by blacking out local games. But they'll never learn.
Living Room: HR20-700 connected to a 52" Sony KDL-52Z5100
OTA: Radio Shack 15-2187 diplexed over SWM with Channel Master diplexers
Dish: CalAmp Slimline w/ WNC SWMline LNB
Spare receiver gathering dust: Phillips DSR-704

#5 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:05 PM

Blackouts suck. You are seeing the same game as you would be on your local network. If they are going to have a nationally televised game why doesn't the network agree to air just the national content during the game and avoid local commercials. It only makes sense to do this. That is the way it should be.

#6 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:32 AM

FOX and the NHL used to handle this perfectly. Games of the Week (GOTW)were on your local FOX, and the out of market GOTW were in the Center Ice package.

Entirely appropriate way to handle it. Sure, some people might skip the local game to watch their favorite team from another city. But they probably weren't going to watch the local game in that case (their favorite team is from another city) anyway.

#7 OFFLINE   shy007

shy007

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:41 AM

I get both FoxE and FoxW..... I get the Braves/Mets at 1pm and the Mariners/Twins at 4pm......

Go Braves!!!!!!

#8 OFFLINE   bills976

bills976

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 11:32 PM

Really unbelieveable today... first time a Yankee game has been blacked out in the NY DMA in a long time. Detroit as a stunt to draw more fans in their park didn't change the start time of 1 PM and placed the game under the Fox exclusive window. YES had to tape delay the game. Boy, if broadcast networks were done away with, life would be much simpler :)
Living Room: HR20-700 connected to a 52" Sony KDL-52Z5100
OTA: Radio Shack 15-2187 diplexed over SWM with Channel Master diplexers
Dish: CalAmp Slimline w/ WNC SWMline LNB
Spare receiver gathering dust: Phillips DSR-704

#9 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 12:33 AM

i think that all games should be available via the extra innings package no matter what time of the day or evening they are on. most games that are only on Fox sports net regional channels are available. screw all this national exclusivity coverage. the people want to see there favorite team play and they should be able to do so. I wish that the networks would realize this and for the future not keep fans blacked out and make the game available on extra innings no matter if it's shown nationally by Fox, by Fox sports net, or Local over the air channels in a local DMA. Isn't that what choice is all about? If the networks like ESPN and FOX take that away from me then what good is it. I'm not going to watch a Yankee game when I'm wanting to see the Cubs game in Chicago. I never have yet and I never will.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...