Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Stupid Distant Networks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

I am watching the seahawks vs giants, its like watching a damn vhs tape, i worst i seen this at in my life, i am calling to yell at them over the phone

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

Huh, what did they say?
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#3 OFFLINE   comizzou573

comizzou573

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:04 PM

Well I told them that it been about 4 years since you guys have done nothing about making it digital, they respond to me back saying its already digital and tell me that the receiver I have which is a dvr 622 is probably faulty, and i told them no its not cause your guys channel are only one that is coming in horrible and its like watching a vhs tape from the 90s and I am not only customer like this, there is like 50 other customers complaining about this issue. They still insist that my receiver that is 2 month old is at fault and too call dish network. Samething like usuall....pretty bull**** too me, and they also said they dont have a department that is in charge of quality control of the picture. maybe they are using an ota...looks like time for them to goto walmart and by a new 20 dollar rabbit ear antenna

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

Well I told them that it been about 4 years since you guys have done nothing about making it digital, they respond to me back saying its already digital and tell me that the receiver I have which is a dvr 622 is probably faulty, and i told them no its not cause your guys channel are only one that is coming in horrible and its like watching a vhs tape from the 90s and I am not only customer like this, there is like 50 other customers complaining about this issue. They still insist that my receiver that is 2 month old is at fault and too call dish network. Samething like usuall....pretty bull**** too me, and they also said they dont have a department that is in charge of quality control of the picture. maybe they are using an ota...looks like time for them to goto walmart and by a new 20 dollar rabbit ear antenna

You could always subscribe to Directv and get the NFL Sunday Ticket with the HD upgrade but the price wouldn't be as cheap as DISH NOTWERK.
You get what you pay for.

#5 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

I'm trying to figure out why this was called "Stupid Distant Newtorks", Dish Network is not allowed to have any distants.

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

He's complaining about NPS / All American Distants ... which are available on DISH Network equipment via separate subscription.

#7 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:14 PM

I watched the same game on KTVU (NPS/AAD) and I also thought the quality was not great but it wasn't horrible either. Plus look at the bright side, at least your able to see it!! Without DNS/NPS/AAD you'd need Directv ST to get it. So quit complaining and enjoy the 'bonus' programming. Its only costing you a meager $10 a month.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#8 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

I watched the same game on KTVU (NPS/AAD) and I also thought the quality was not great but it wasn't horrible either. Plus look at the bright side, at least your able to see it!! Without DNS/NPS/AAD you'd need Directv ST to get it. So quit complaining and enjoy the 'bonus' programming. Its only costing you a meager $10 a month.

LOL! Its only like $15 a week to get the Sunday ticket.
So quit complaining and just get D* and Sunday Ticket.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...