Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Showtime On Demand

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tacob

tacob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

I must say that I was quite pleased that there is hd content to there on demand lineup, but why is there none on starz or tmc? is it the channels themselves or directv?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

Usually the channels. DirecTV has plenty of HD on demand, so it is not their limitation. There may be a limitation in the linkage from source to DirecTV but not within DirecTV itself.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   tacob

tacob

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

yea I'm very impressed with there lineup, it almost triples twc offering that i had previous to dtv, I wonder if starz actually offers any of there movies on demand

#4 OFFLINE   Rhoq

Rhoq

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:21 AM

Considering the relationship between DirecTV and Liberty Media, I'm shocked and disappointed that Starz doesn't offer any HD content via DOD.
Peace ---> Rhoq

HR23-700 (HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR606 in the Living Room) HR21-100 (Component to TV in Bedroom)

#5 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:22 AM

Considering the relationship between DirecTV and Liberty Media, I'm shocked and disappointed that Starz doesn't offer any HD content via DOD.

I've been puzzled by that as well.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#6 OFFLINE   Littledude

Littledude

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:37 AM

When you consider the number of HD channels and the amount of HD content available on demand, Showtime has set a very nice standard. They are making the other premiums (mainly HBO and Cinemax) look like a rip-off. Keep up the good work Showtime.

#7 OFFLINE   tacob

tacob

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

yes kudos to showtime, I will probably keep it after my promotion runs out, just becuase I would have access to hd content on there on demand

#8 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

What about Godzilla vs Megaguirus? Underdog? The Sasquatch Gang?
Oh, wait, you wanted HD! :D

#9 OFFLINE   mojoe

mojoe

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:26 PM

I'm liking Showtime on Demandquite a bit too. I need to try to figure out whether to keep Starz or Showtime at the end of the promotion period

Protected By... spam firewall...And...