Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

1000.2 installation

vod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   swollcac97

swollcac97

• Banned User
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:50 AM

i'm fairly new to this and am still trying to understand how to properly install my 1000.2. I have a sv360 premier and will be purchasing 2 more in the near future as soon as i can get this one up and running. my questions are:

1) what port do i connect my receiver to in order to aim the dish?

2) for those with the same type of receiver, what configuration settings should i set them to?

3) can anyone please post a diagram of how my system should be set up?

4) I understand that this dish has an internal switch and three receivers can be connected to it without the use of switch. Would i be able to view the same channels on each receiver?

5) do i set the additional receivers to the same configuration settings when i install them?

I'd really appreciate all of the help i can get. Im getting really frustrated :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cmtar

cmtar

Icon

• Registered
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

yea um....i dont think its a good idea to be asking questions about illegal activities here

But there is a lot of reading and research that needs to be done before you even attempt something like this. Posting this where you posted it shows you havent even read anything yet.

#3 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:48 AM

If you are doing legal FTA you cannot use DishNetwork LNBs so the 100.2 won't work.

#4 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,040 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

Please state what your intent is....

We do not allow hack talk on this website.

If your intent is FTA? You'll be disappointed setting all that up for just NASA TV.

This thread has a time limit on it.... if you do not respond in 24 hours I will assume you were asking about illegal activities and the thread will close.

Regards,
Jason

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vod

Protected By... spam firewall...And...