Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anybody tried an HD add-on with Dish Family

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

Has anyone with Dish Family package tried to add a HD add-on and been successful? Website will not let you do it but was wondering if anyone had been successful using call support or chat.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ryan415689

Ryan415689

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

I used to work for Dish Network and as far as I know they still don't allow HD access with family. I think though you can by hd standalone added with family though. Not sure. I will ask my friend that still works there today.

#3 OFFLINE   smngm2

smngm2

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

I discussed this with a couple of different Dish reps three months ago and they both told me no. They stated that you can only have one package per account.

#4 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

You have to have one of the AT packages to have an HD add-on currently. Now, you can have Dish Family and an AT package and HD add-on. But currently there is no HD add-on available if you have just the Dish Family package.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#5 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Now, you can have Dish Family and an AT package

:confused:
Why would anybody want to do that? Dish Family contains "safe" AT-100, 200 & 250 channels already. The only thing you can add to Dish Family is your locals and perhaps foreign channels. You can't even add premiums.

If you have an HD receiver your HD locals will come on w/o any other HD package (speaking from personal experience - I even get my RSN games in HD w/ AT-200 and no other package).
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#6 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:42 PM

Why would anybody want to do that? Dish Family contains "safe" AT-100, 200 & 250 channels already. The only thing you can add to Dish Family is your locals and perhaps foreign channels. You can't even add premiums.

If you have an HD receiver your HD locals will come on w/o any other HD package (speaking from personal experience - I even get my RSN games in HD w/ AT-200 and no other package).

Actually it isn't so farfetched and you can have both. I had Family package for last 16 months but kids love Goosebumps and Star Wars so I upgraded to AT100 to get Cartoon Network for a month or two. I did it from the DVR so it actually added AT100 to my Family package and I was getting both (for about 2 days until I figured it out). There are 2 channels in Family, Boomerang and Animal Planet, that we really miss so I actually thought about keeping both but decided not to and told the kids tough luck. AT100 Advantage + Family would be $60 and AT250 Advantage (only other package with Animal Planet and Boomerang) would be $60 so it's a wash.

#7 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:21 AM

One other thing. You can add premiums to Dish family package. I have had Cinemax, Showtime and Starz while on the Family package.

spam firewall