Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL:CI 08-09 DirecTV - Where is the HD?

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#261 Guest_hunter65_*

Guest_hunter65_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

Well if those games arent being broadcasted in HD then we won't get them..

Every Canadien's home and away games are shown in hd on RDS.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image
Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

#263 OFFLINE   311Man

311Man

Godfather

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

Here we go again with the WRONG BLACKOUT!

I am not in the Rangers territory, so I get blacked out of MSG network... THEN on the NHL network, it thinks I AM in the Rangers home area and I get blacked out there too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Directv has rhe NHL network set up incorrectly because I am in the Bruins territory not the Rangers, so I should be getting the game.

I am currently on hold with the programming department but I'm not holding my breathe, but this is the SECOND time this has happened this year.

I'm beyond PO'd at this point.

Don't look for ANY games on MSG to be available in HD anytime soon. All MSGHD games have been removed from NHLCI as the NHL and MSG are in a contract dispute. The only way to see MSGHD is if you live in the NY market.:mad:

#264 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

Don't look for ANY games on MSG to be available in HD anytime soon. All MSGHD games have been removed from NHLCI as the NHL and MSG are in a contract dispute. The only way to see MSGHD is if you live in the NY market.:mad:

Is this just MSG or all the variations of it too?

#265 OFFLINE   bobkvjr

bobkvjr

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

Hey, The Tampa Bay vs Carolina game is being shown in HD !! The NHL website of the Lightning and the infamous Sirshagg show the game available only in SD. Woo Hoo NHL rocks in HD !! Thanks Sirshagg for doing the listings of games. It is my daily check during the day.

:D:D:D:D

#266 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

Sirshagg,
You should probaly remove all the MSGHD games now that Dolan has cut them off.

#267 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

Sirshagg,
You should probaly remove all the MSGHD games now that Dolan has cut them off.

That really sucks!

#268 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

Posted Image

#269 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

#270 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

#271 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

Posted Image

Sirshagg, whats up with FSN Arizona? Since I can't get the MSG HD feeds right now, I look forward to getting the opposing teams HD feed. Why no HD for the Sabres vs Coyotes game?
I did enjoy listening to your local annoucers, Strader and Pang-er. Since the FSN feed was simulcast on MSG, they seemed to make an extra effort to incorporate some info on the Sabres and even showed pictures of the birthplace of Buffalo Wings, the Anchor Bar.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#272 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,717 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:35 AM

Sirshagg, whats up with FSN Arizona? Since I can't get the MSG HD feeds right now, I look forward to getting the opposing teams HD feed. Why no HD for the Sabres vs Coyotes game?
I did enjoy listening to your local annoucers, Strader and Pang-er. Since the FSN feed was simulcast on MSG, they seemed to make an extra effort to incorporate some info on the Sabres and even showed pictures of the birthplace of Buffalo Wings, the Anchor Bar.

The game was not being shown on FSN-AZ last night, it was being shown on local channel 7 that does not do HD games, nor does it have an HD feed. The SD feed of channel 7 on D* is badly over compressed and looks horribly. Now if they had the digital feed of channel 7.1 and were to broadcast it in MPEG4, it would probably look a lot better.

If channel 7 doesn't go HD by the time the contract is up, then I'm hopping they go with FSN-AZ fulltime or get back on with 3 or 61, as they can do HD.

#273 ONLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

The game was not being shown on FSN-AZ last night, it was being shown on local channel 7 that does not do HD games, nor does it have an HD feed. The SD feed of channel 7 on D* is badly over compressed and looks horribly. Now if they had the digital feed of channel 7.1 and were to broadcast it in MPEG4, it would probably look a lot better.

If channel 7 doesn't go HD by the time the contract is up, then I'm hopping they go with FSN-AZ fulltime or get back on with 3 or 61, as they can do HD.

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering why some Coyotes games were in HD and others were not. The channel 7 feed was really bad on D*. During commercials, I switched over to watch the Flyers vs. Blues game in HD. When I switched back, I missed the HD feed even more. On a positive note, its better then what I would get prior to NHL CI, which was no game at all.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#274 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,717 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering why some Coyotes games were in HD and others were not. The channel 7 feed was really bad on D*. During commercials, I switched over to watch the Flyers vs. Blues game in HD. When I switched back, I missed the HD feed even more. On a positive note, its better then what I would get prior to NHL CI, which was no game at all.

No problem.

Yes I agree. I hope next season all sports are in HD, including the NHL.

spam firewall