Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a universal UHF / IR remote control available?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   md_paul

md_paul

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:41 PM

I'd like a single remote to control my Echostar 721 receiver, Bose Lifestyle 12, Toshiba TV, Toshiba DVD, and Zenith VCR.

My problem is that both the 721 and the Bose unit are UHF devices.

I know that there are remote controls like the DISH UHF remotes that can control multiple I/R components (TV/VCR/ETC), but can only use the UHF capability to control the sat. receiver.

I'm looking for a universal remote that can control more than one UHF device. Specifically, both the DISH 721 receiver and the BOSE Lifestyle surround system. The BOSE system only responds to UHF remote commands (there is no I/R port on the control unit at all).

Does anyone know if such a remote exists?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 04:16 PM

IF you don't get teh answerr you see k here try www.remotecentral.com
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#3 OFFLINE   md_paul

md_paul

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:47 AM

Geronimo,

Thanks for the website. I checked there, and the short answer is no. There are no universal remotes that can control more than one brand of RF (UHF) devices.

Thanks,

- Paul

#4 OFFLINE   Tomsoundman

Tomsoundman

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:54 AM

Geronimo-

Did you start to drift off at the end ofaf your senterentcce?

:D

#5 OFFLINE   Bill D

Bill D

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 10:16 PM

The 721 will respond to IR signals from universal remotes as well as the UHF from the Dish remote. So a universal would work everything except the Bose, not sure if there is another solution for that one.

spam firewall