Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Short-Term Package Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

I have Americas 200, but I understand that by going to the 250, I could pick up Versus, and watch the Harvard football game Saturday, on which I have a friend who plays.

It's easy enough to upgrade online, but are there any penalties imposed if I upgrade to 250 for just one day, and then downgrade back to 200? I also have the Silver HD package, will the upgrade/downgrade mess that up at all?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:23 AM

There may be a $5 downgrade fee as well as having to call in to downgrade.

#3 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

[quote name='nostalgiaguru']I have Americas 200, but I understand that by going to the 250, I could pick up Versus, and watch the Harvard football game Saturday, on which I have a friend who plays.

"It's easy enough to upgrade online,"

Please tell me how to "upgrade online (easily)". I always get sent to some screen that says "call an 800 number". :confused:

#4 OFFLINE   nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

[quote name='epokopac'][quote name='nostalgiaguru']I have Americas 200, but I understand that by going to the 250, I could pick up Versus, and watch the Harvard football game Saturday, on which I have a friend who plays.

Please tell me how to "upgrade online (easily)". I always get sent to some screen that says "call an 800 number". :confused:[/QUOTE]

I log into My Account, click View My Programming, and check the items I want to upgrade (or uncheck to downgrade). I upgraded to 250 this morning after my previous post.

Try starting here: https://customersupp...processLogon.do

#5 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:19 AM

[quote name='epokopac'][quote name='nostalgiaguru']I have Americas 200, but I understand that by going to the 250, I could pick up Versus, and watch the Harvard football game Saturday, on which I have a friend who plays.

Please tell me how to "upgrade online (easily)". I always get sent to some screen that says "call an 800 number". :confused:[/QUOTE]

My account is the same way. I can't do it online and have to call an 800 number. You actually have 3 options. 1. Call the 800 number 2. Click on chat function on website and chat with a CSR to upgrade or 3. Select a channel on your guide and select ok to upgrade. I have used 2 and 3 without any problems.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...