Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How to download tv shows?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ck42

ck42

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

I've only had my HR21 for about 2 months now and JUST got it connected to my internal Internet connection (the connection *is* working).

I've watched a video on the HR21 that basically says that if you want to go record a show that is normally seen on channel 250 (for example), you just punch in channel 1(250) and this should bring you to a sort of homepage for channel 250.....where you can then download a show that is shown on that channel. The hope is that this includes previously shown shows that you may have missed.

The problem is that the ONLY 1000 level channel that comes up is channel 1000 itself. If I punch in channel 1xxx (ie, 1244), it acts like that channel doesn't exist.

Am I doing something wrong here?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,645 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

If you just connected to the internet, be patient. It can take up to 24 hours for all of the On Demand channels to appear.

If you don't start seeing some On Demand channels by this afternoon, call DirecTV and make sure they have activated On Demand for your account.

#3 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,214 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

I've only had my HR21 for about 2 months now and JUST got it connected to my internal Internet connection (the connection *is* working).

I've watched a video on the HR21 that basically says that if you want to go record a show that is normally seen on channel 250 (for example), you just punch in channel 1(250) and this should bring you to a sort of homepage for channel 250.....where you can then download a show that is shown on that channel. The hope is that this includes previously shown shows that you may have missed.

The problem is that the ONLY 1000 level channel that comes up is channel 1000 itself. If I punch in channel 1xxx (ie, 1244), it acts like that channel doesn't exist.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Don't think so, you just need to wait until some VOD information gets downloaded to your receiver. This may take a few hours up to a day or two.

You won't see all channels listed in the 1000's and you won't see all previous programs on the list for each channel. TCM, channel 1256, for example, has a few movies, trailers, and shorts available.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#4 OFFLINE   ck42

ck42

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

Thanks guys! I'll keep an eye on it and if I don't see anything in the next day or so, I'll give them a call to verify the activation.

#5 OFFLINE   marcos258

marcos258

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:24 AM

ck42, has this been fixed? I'm just asking because my wireless adapter is coming in today so I'm wondering what's instore for me.

#6 OFFLINE   Mr_A1

Mr_A1

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

If you see channel 1000, then the VOD is activated(also can be verified through DTV online account), but as others have said it could take up to 48 hours for all the content to update in the guide.

Setup:
HR24-100(CE 0x08A3) direct connected from Slimline-3SWM Dish & Ethernet Connected Internet.

Connection: HR24 -HDMI-> Yamaha YSP-3000 -HDMI-> Samsung C7100 3D-LED TV.

#7 OFFLINE   ck42

ck42

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

ck42, has this been fixed? I'm just asking because my wireless adapter is coming in today so I'm wondering what's instore for me.

As a matter of fact, yes. Channel 1000 showed up immediately. After a day or so, all the other channel 1xxx began populating.

Only disappointment now is that there doesn't appear to be a VOD for the SCIFI channel :mad:

spam firewall