Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Columbia-Jefferson City, MO

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

DMA: Columbia-Jefferson City, MO
Established: 10/8/2008

Edited by Gary Toma, 04 July 2014 - 03:42 PM.

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tig

Tig

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

The CBS HD feed has been occasionally clipping video, and the audio feed has been just awful. Specifically, the front right channel has been producing clipped audio that will drive anyone up a wall. I verified that this isn't a problem with the receiver or speakers that are set up with the system, as other channels (HD and SD) are producing the appropriate sound in that channel.

Specifics:

Channel: 13 (CBS)
Date: 10/12 & 10/13
Time: 7 - 9 p.m. (CST)

#3 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

Effective today, Charleston, SC and Columbia – Jefferson City, MO have moved to a 1-dish solution.

What does that mean to you? If you have all Mpeg 4 receivers (R22, H2x or HR2x) you can remove the 72.5 dish. :)
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#4 OFFLINE   stp890

stp890

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

KOMU, NBC channel 8, was launched today in HD on DirecTV. As part of the agreement to carry KOMU in HD, DirecTV also made some changes to their carriage of CW, channel 14. While not specifically an HD issue (CW is still SD) there is a guide problem with the new channel 14. The channel description in the guide for channel 14 is "CW television services from KOMUDT2-TV, 14, Columbia, MO." The CW is actually broadcast on KOMUDT3 so all of the guide data for channel 14 is currently wrong. It is pulling guide data for KOMUDT2 right now.

#5 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

Added NBC - KOMU (8) to the lineup
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   jlatham

jlatham

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

KMOS will not be supplying a PBS HD feed to directv. They chose to add another SD channel which will be appearing soon.

#7 OFFLINE   stp890

stp890

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Was watching recorded version of Homeland Security USA recorded last Tuesday night on KMIZ on my HR20-700 and had multiple instances of no audio and/or video pixelation. We had no weather at the time so signal strength should have been fine, though I wasn't home at the time to verify it.

Have also had similar problems with KOMU displaying severe pixelation occasionally. Occurred with Chuck on 2/16 and last night during Conan O'Brien.

#8 OFFLINE   jlatham

jlatham

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

I've had a problem with recording kmiz programs on my hr-21 also. I will record a program and the whole thing will be blank. No program, no audio.

#9 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

Added FOX - KQFX (38).
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#10 OFFLINE   dwrats_56

dwrats_56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

KOMU and DirecTV have been in a contract dispute for over 2 months.  Any end in site?

My OTA reception is really inconsistant with KOMU, and it is the closest of all the stations to my home.

I do miss being able to record some show.

Sony KDF-50E2000 DirecTV HR44-500 via HDMI
Sony KDL-46W4100 DirecTV HR21-700 via HDMI

Slimline 3 dish with SWiM

"My brain hurts."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...