Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV Fees

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dd5087

dd5087

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

HD Access $9.99:
This is the programming fee for being able to receive HD programming from a base package. This fee is required for active leased HD equipment. You cannot get OTA, scanned into your guide, without this fee as well either through a built in or AM21 OTA tuner. This fee does not include HD for Sports package channels such as NFLST, MLBEI. This fee is built into the Plus HDDVR package and will not show up as a separate line item. This fee is per account not receiver.

If I am understanding your statement on HD Access fees then Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR package is $72.99 per month and it includes the HD Access fee, while the Premier package is $104.99 + the $9.99 (HD Access fee), a difference of $41.99. Correct?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,969 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

If I am understanding your statement on HD Access fees then Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR package is $72.99 per month and it includes the HD Access fee, while the Premier package is $104.99 + the $9.99 (HD Access fee), a difference of $41.99. Correct?

The Premier package no longer includes the DVR fee (unless you are grandfathered), so you will need to add an additional $5.99. The difference would then be $46.98.

#23 OFFLINE   dd5087

dd5087

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:26 AM

The Premier package no longer includes the DVR fee (unless you are grandfathered), so you will need to add an additional $5.99. The difference would then be $46.98.

I recently downgraded from Premier to Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and looking back at my previous statements, it appears I was grandfathered since the charge was $0.00.

Another question, I was contemplating adding the Starz package to my current service, but the way I read the Terms and Conditions, I will be charged $12.00 for the package and another $9.99 for HD Access. Am I correct in the way I have read that statement?

#24 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

I recently downgraded from Premier to Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and looking back at my previous statements, it appears I was grandfathered since the charge was $0.00.

Another question, I was contemplating adding the Starz package to my current service, but the way I read the Terms and Conditions, I will be charged $12.00 for the package and another $9.99 for HD Access. Am I correct in the way I have read that statement?

The package you have has HD in it already so it should just be the $12 for Starz. By the way that is going up in March. Probably just a buck but all packages and DNS and everything is going up. I downgraded from Premier to the same package as you and have Showtime free for a year. Other then that I use Netflix although I have been considering adding Starz in. I like the movies the tend to show.

spam firewall