Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

why are threads locked?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

today i went to do a search for an old thread i had about a tuner 2 and 110 issue. Using my name and the word 'tuner' i found a bunch of threads, (even for 2008) that were locked. (do the same you will see what i mean)

why are all these threads locked? I didnt look at but one and in that one there was no bashing etc going on.

I wanted to continue a problem i'm having now with 101 on tuner 2 by adding it to my other thread but after seeing all these threads locked, i become curious what is going on?
57 inch Hitachi 57F710S
Tivo Premiere
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder
HR10-250 63 hrs w/DB8 antenna (parts :))
1/2 full Sony T60 (historical value)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

A moderator will have to give you a more definite answer... but my guess would be that there were other "more established" threads at the time concerning the same issue... So in an effort to keep discussion in one thread, instead of spread out, the "smaller" threads were locked...
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

A moderator will have to give you a more definite answer... but my guess would be that there were other "more established" threads at the time concerning the same issue... So in an effort to keep discussion in one thread, instead of spread out, the "smaller" threads were locked...

duplicate discussion, violates rules for DBS, Requested by original poster among other reasons
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

Old threads are also locked to avoid someone posting to a two year old thread bring it back from the dead.. The phrase.. "I am not dead yet" seems to come to mind. I can't recall where the cut of date is were the threads are closed but there is one.

If you have new info or you want to bring it up again.. Just post the thread and then include the link to the closed thread as back up material
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

Protected By... spam firewall...And...