Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NEW Channel in Philadelphia??

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:39 PM

Take this with a grain of salt: I called the station and someone in engineering at WMGM told me that the station has plans to be on Dish Network in the beginning of next year. In DC, the secondary NBC station WHAG is only on Dish Network and not on DirecTV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Mts

Mts

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:04 AM

Take this with a grain of salt: I called the station and someone in engineering at WMGM told me that the station has plans to be on Dish Network in the beginning of next year. In DC, the secondary NBC station WHAG is only on Dish Network and not on DirecTV.

WMGM-40 has been promised a January 1st launch date on Dish Network. As somebody who lives in South Jersey, it'll be nice to have local news available, vs just some of the larger stories the Philly outlets cover.
Into TV/FM/AM DXing? Check out our forums at WTFDA.info

#23 OFFLINE   j0hnnyv

j0hnnyv

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

I highly doubt NBC 40 will be in HD. I wish it would be, its SD is so terribly bad and the station is amateur anyway.

I do like Michelle Dawn Mooney though :D

#24 OFFLINE   rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

WMGM-40 has been promised a January 1st launch date on Dish Network. As somebody who lives in South Jersey, it'll be nice to have local news available, vs just some of the larger stories the Philly outlets cover.

I spoke with the engineer the other day, and the station HAS sent its signal over to Dish's point of presence and the station is anticipating Dish to turn in it on to customers soon. The station is waiting - it was an expensive thing to send over the signal, and obviously they want to see the result of it. The station I don't believe can be picked up over the air near Philadelphia, and western SNJ.

Edited by rnbmusicfan, 16 January 2009 - 10:31 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

WFMZ from Allentown has great local HD news that I pick up OTA, but it's still not on D*.

Its not on Comcast either. I think only the Allentown area cable systems carry it in HD. I get it OTA as well. Surprising, they went in HD before NBC10 did.

#26 OFFLINE   Mts

Mts

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

I spoke with the engineer the other day, and the station HAS sent its signal over to Dish's point of presence and the station is anticipating Dish to turn in it on to customers soon. The station is waiting - it was an expensive thing to send over the signal, and obviously they want to see the result of it. The station I don't believe can be picked up over the air near Philadelphia, and western SNJ.

Dish promised them a launch date of 3/18 (after the Jan 1st date fell though) and sure enough it went live on Dish Network around noon ET. WMGM is now available on Dish Network.
Into TV/FM/AM DXing? Check out our forums at WTFDA.info

#27 OFFLINE   rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

Dish promised them a launch date of 3/18 (after the Jan 1st date fell though) and sure enough it went live on Dish Network around noon ET. WMGM is now available on Dish Network.

Yup, I noticed from the uplink reports, and I turned it on tonight and was able to view WMGM-TV on Dish finally. The station is saving having turned off its analog signal but is now running new expense of fibering it in to Dish and DirecTV. And given that they target Cumberland County NJ in news and advertising, I'm sure they'll plan on getting on Fios in Vineland.

WLVT 39 will be on Dish Network too soon, but WLVT's engineer said the signal was not at Dish's POP yet... (as of three weeks ago), and knowing Dish - Dish will add another 3 months before it launches. At one point many years back, Dish refused claiming they were duplicative. Now, it seems an agreement has been made for WLVT also. For the most part, WLVT is like WHYY though WHYY is licensed to Wilmington, DE and WLVT to Allentown, PA with an address of 123 Sesame Street, Bethlehem PA ( address for real, don't know if PBS Sesame Street was just coincidence).

I get WLVT 39 on Fios, but it'd be nice if it was on my Dish guide too between Channels 29 and 40.

WYBE 35 probably won't return until next must-carry cycle if at all. I'm not sure about the status of Independence Media that runs WYBE. I haven't been able to get anyone via phone, and it sure isn't worth driving to the station. Dish has better PI channels, I personally can get 35 over the air and on Fios too.

But it sorta sucked that while WMGM was added, WYBE was dropped still.
DirecTV customers this time must-carry time around didn't lose any stations in Philadelphia.

Edited by rnbmusicfan, 18 March 2009 - 10:27 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:36 AM

With all due respect, this is a DirecTV board.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...