Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RF remote question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   OKCubsFan

OKCubsFan

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

I currently have 1 622 feeding a tv in my living room and my bedroom. I would like to add another 622 or 722 to feed two more tv's. However, I would like the tv1 output to feed video via hdmi to a television in a different room than where the new box would be installed, and then split the tv2 signal to feed the tv in the room the box would be installed and a tv in my kids' room. That may be a little confusing, but here's my question: Can I have two RF remotes controlling the same box at the same time, 1 to control tv1 and the other to control tv2? Would I need to purchase another remote, or can both remotes that come with the receiver run in RF mode? Let me know if I didn't explain the setup very well.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

Yes you can use UHF for both tv1 and tv2 on the 722. You would need to purchase a 6.3 IR/UHF pro remote for tv1 to use it in UHF Pro mode. You'll want the green chip with the black "1" on it (you'll see what I mean if/when you get the remote).
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#3 OFFLINE   OKCubsFan

OKCubsFan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

Awesome! That's just the answer I was looking for.

#4 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

Welcome. Once you have everything, if you have any trouble with setting things up, let me know.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

spam firewall