Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 having problems, shoudl I expect (demand) a 722 back?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pitpawten

pitpawten

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

My 622 is causing tons of interference in our phone line, so we cant leave it hooked up and therefore have to pay extra fee for it.

I'm going to request it get repaired, however I am wondering if it is reasonable to expect an exchange with a 722 (most likely at my request).

Is this something that any of you guys have been successful with in the past (i.e. without paying for it)?

If not, what is the going upgrade price?

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

My 622 is causing tons of interference in our phone line, so we cant leave it hooked up and therefore have to pay extra fee for it.

I'm going to request it get repaired, however I am wondering if it is reasonable to expect an exchange with a 722 (most likely at my request).

Is this something that any of you guys have been successful with in the past (i.e. without paying for it)?

Thanks in advance.

It's not reasonable to expect a 722 for a 622 without an upgrade fee. Log in to your Dish account and check the Equipment Upgrades to see what your price would be.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   epontius

epontius

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:34 PM

Thanks in advance.

I'd doubt that would happen. I just had my 3rd 622 die on me (1 failed HDMI, 2 failed power supplies/blinking/rebooting). I called dish, they were sympathetic as I told them their hardware was undependable but wouldn't budge on sending me a 722 instead. Then they added insult to injury by telling me my warranty on my 3rd replacement receiver was out of date.
I ended up doing a "dishing it up" upgrade to the 722 instead...send them back my busted 622.

#4 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

Thanks in advance.

622 had a mind of it's own (thinks its a tivo) and would record programs that I didn't schedule! Asked for a 722 and with a little push, did get one. All I had to do is sigh up for 2 more years (not a problem for me.) Also got some free Sexamax (cinamax.)

Could have paid $50.00 and no 2 year commitment.

You just need to find a willing CSR.. BE NICE too!
**** HARDWARE *****
2 Dish Hoppers (Gave up trying to get a Joey to work)
VIZIO 55” and 48" TruLED LCD 3D HDTV with VIZIO
JVC HDI RX-D402B Receiver
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

Protected By... spam firewall...And...