Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

50 Series Link Workaround?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:07 PM

Remember, this Wish List request will help make this idea work more smoothly, so please vote for it at the link below, if you haven't already:

AUTORECORD matches should be grouped in PLAYLIST folders named for the recorded shows' titles, just as if they were recorded by SERIES LINKS.

TIA. /steve
/steve

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:08 PM

Taking that loss kinda hard, aren't you? They're still in first place. ;)

Hopefully I can turn it back around Sunday night. :) /steve
/steve

#43 OFFLINE   kog

kog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

AANY heroes life order medium TTITLE CCHAN 4

I just tried this search and I got no results returned. I changed the CCHAN to 11 which is my local NBC affliliate. I have a HR20-100 running the current software. I am not part of the CE program.

#44 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

I just tried this search and I got no results returned. I changed the CCHAN to 11 which is my local NBC affliliate. I have a HR20-100 running the current software. I am not part of the CE program.

I'm having issues as well. AANY heroes life order medium TTITLE CCHAN 4 is only matching Heroes on WNBC. If I run it without "life", I get the expected results. There seems to be an issue with either the word "life", or too many characters, which I'll report. /steve
/steve

#45 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

I am very curious to see how this pans out. I really don't want to lose a recording testing it though. I might try it on one station while still keeping a backup SL of each show. Now I just have to decide what to delete to make one.

#46 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:35 AM

I am very curious to see how this pans out. I really don't want to lose a recording testing it though. I might try it on one station while still keeping a backup SL of each show. Now I just have to decide what to delete to make one.

This one's working as expected:

AANY CSI trace minds mentalist hour TTITLE CCHAN 2

I've reported the Life problem to DirecTV in the appropriate "issues" thread.

/steve
/steve

#47 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:50 AM

AANY heroes life order medium TTITLE CCHAN 4

I believe I discovered what's causing the problem.

AANY life TTITLE only shows results out to the 23d. I think the HR reaches a limit of how many matches on the word "life" it can display in the results (500 by my estimate). Apparently, DirecTV is filtering by the word first and channel second, so there are no instances of Life in an NBC title within the first 500 matches.

Good news is that it should record... it just won't get scheduled until it's closer to the date and the AUTORECORD SEARCH can "find" it in the first 500 results.

Reporting this as an "issue" as well.

/steve
/steve

#48 OFFLINE   kog

kog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

Good news is that it should record... it just won't get scheduled until it's closer to the date and the AUTORECORD SEARCH can "find" it in the first 500 results.

Reporting this as an "issue" as well.

/steve

Thanks for the clarification. That kind of makes sense. I guess I just need to have faith! :rolleyes:

#49 OFFLINE   katzeye

katzeye

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

When I try to use this feature. It adds my request to my SL list and won't let me do it because I am at 50.
Does this work around still work? if so what am I doing wrong?
If it helps I am using a HR-20-700 with an eSATA

#50 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

When I try to use this feature. It adds my request to my SL list and won't let me do it because I am at 50.

The autorecord still counts as 1 SL out of the 50. If it is replacing several SL's, then delete one of them first, to add this one.
DogLover

My Setup

#51 OFFLINE   sawitt

sawitt

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

There is still a limit of 50 SLs in the prioritizer. If I understand correctly, you are adding a more complex search but it will be the 51st SL and thus there isn't room for it. I believe you'll need to delete 1 of your SLs, then add the new complex search, and then you can go back and delete the existing SLs that are covered by the new complex search. Hope this makes sense.

#52 OFFLINE   katzeye

katzeye

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

The autorecord still counts as 1 SL out of the 50. If it is replacing several SL's, then delete one of them first, to add this one.

Ah. ok
Good to know.
Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...