Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Iron Man 2

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

It's been known for sometime now that there would be a sequel to the summer blockbuster film from Marvel Comics.
It is being reported that Terrence Howard will be replaced by Don Cheadle for the part of the Jim Rhodes character in the forthcoming sequel.
Apparently negotiations between Marvel and Howard fell apart "over financial differences" among other things.

http://www.hollywood...48e29f67361b144

http://www.zap2it.co...,0,790527.story

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:17 PM

It's been known for sometime now that there would be a sequel to the summer blockbuster film from Marvel Comics.
It is being reported that Terrence Howard will be replaced by Don Cheadle for the part of the Jim Rhodes character in the forthcoming sequel.
Apparently negotiations between Marvel and Howard fell apart "over financial differences" among other things.

http://www.hollywood...48e29f67361b144

http://www.zap2it.co...,0,790527.story

yes,

http://news.yahoo.co..._celeb_eo/63637
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,438 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

I'd rather see Cheadle anyway.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

Terrence Howard says being replaced by Don Cheadle in the upcoming sequel was "surprise of a lifetime".

http://movies.yahoo....oward_blog.html

Steve

#5 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

From L.A. Times:
The role of Nick Fury may not happen in the forthcoming sequel,according to Samuel L. Jackson.

http://latimesblogs....fury-no-mo.html

Steve

#6 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

Sigh... What a mess.

Let's hope they straighten that out soon.

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#7 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,352 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Sigh... What a mess.

Let's hope they straighten that out soon.

Im still bummed that they are bring on board Don Cheedle instad of keeping the great cast intact from the first film.

#8 OFFLINE   Dario33

Dario33

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

At least Rourke has been cast...:up:

#9 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

From Variety:
Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell are currently in negotiations to play two key villains in the forthcoming film from Marvel Entertainment.
Emily Blunt has apparently emerged as the frontrunner for the role of Black Widow in the film.
Production of the film is scheduled to begin this spring,with a summer 2010 release by Paramount.

http://www.variety.c...1117998515.html

Steve

#10 OFFLINE   mmccaugh

mmccaugh

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Terrence Howard, who by some reports was the first actor signed to "Iron Man" and the highest-paid actor in the cast, won't be back for the sequel (Don Cheadle is taking his place as the key supporting character Rhodey and his alter ego War Machine) and money seems to have been part of the issue.

I think he was good, but he shouldn't have been the highest paid guy in the film lol.

I almost passed the movie up actually because I'm not a big Robert Downey Jr fan, but he did a phenomenal job as Tony Stark, if anyone should be making more money in the sequel it's him.

Same thing for Samuel Jackson, I like him and all, but Nick Fury is a supporting character at best, I can't imagine they are going to be willing to pay the kind of money he wants to return.

#11 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

Same thing for Samuel Jackson, I like him and all, but Nick Fury is a supporting character at best, I can't imagine they are going to be willing to pay the kind of money he wants to return.

Next cameo we should see him in is the end of Captain America, finding the popsicle...
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#12 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

The whole Nick Fury arc was to have a few cameos (that surely are underpaid for Samuel's level of ability) leading to his own movie that wouldn't be underpaid. Of course... they have to agree on terms throughout the arc and the payoff movie. :)

Happy Snowplow Mailbox Hockey Day!
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#13 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

Happy Snowplow Mailbox Hockey Day!
Tom

:confused:
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#14 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Online calendar of holidays, mostly obscure... :)

Happy National Handwriting Day!
Tom

Go Packers!

#15 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,286 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:17 AM

My son and I watched Iron Man this past weekend and we loved it. I saw this thread and didn't expect that the cast would fall apart though. :( After watching it, we both agreed it would be kewl to have a sequel, but at what cost. :bummed:
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#16 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:32 AM

I usually hate comic/superhero type movies made these days, but I really enjoyed Iron Man.

Glad they are making a sequel at least, even if some of the characters are changed a bit.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#17 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

Only gripe I had was the riff/song wasn't until the end...
DISH 625 dvr

#18 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

I usually hate comic/superhero type movies made these days, but I really enjoyed Iron Man.

Glad they are making a sequel at least, even if some of the characters are changed a bit.

It may likely be even better...as they spent an awful lot of time in the original flick setting up the characters and basic plot...
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#19 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,286 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

It may likely be even better...as they spent an awful lot of time in the original flick setting up the characters and basic plot...

Yep, the same could be said for other flicks of this nature. Which begs the question of intent to continue this genre of films, setup for follow on material and films. Interesting concept.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#20 OFFLINE   space86

space86

Icon

• Registered
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

I just hate how Samuel L Jackson may not be in the Avengers movie.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...