Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Switch for "1 to 2" HDMI?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   JimDillon1

JimDillon1

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:12 AM

That's strange:confused: I would have thought that would work since the audio would stop at the Onkyo. Do you have HDMI Audio off? I'm not sure that's the name of the setting but it's to let the Onkyo know that HDMI audio is not going to the TV.

Thanks for the suggestion - I checked and the HDMI Audio on the Onkyo is already set to 'off'. I've done some more research on these devices and one thing that concerns me is that in the descriptions of several they state that the resolutions of the 2 TVs need to be identical resolution or else one or both will not work. That's problematic for me since my Sony is 1080p and my Toshiba is 720p. I will keep looking but at this point I'm just going to stay with my current situation of manually changing the plug.

If someone finds a 1x2 splitter or distribution amp that is fully HDMI 1.3a compliant and can support two different resolutions, and supports all the HD audio, let me know! Thanks all for your help.
--------------------------------------------------------
MAIN
Dish Network ViP722
Sony KDS55A3000 LCOS Rear Projection
Playstation 3
Onkyo TX-SR605 Receiver
Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 Speakers

DOWNSTAIRS
SHARP LC-37SB24U LCD
Panasonic DMR-ES45V DVD/VCR
JVC RX-554V Receiver

...Ads Help To Support This Site...