Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Who can I contact?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robq391

robq391

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

Recently WMDT in Salisbury, Md improved their digital broadcast signal. They were broadcasting their digital on 53-1 & 53-2 that was showing up on Directv's receivers as 47-1 & 47-2 respectively. Last week they shut down their broadcasts on the two 53 channels & started broadcasting the digital @ 10x the power on the two 47 channels.

After the change, I had to reset my OTA settings on my HR20 & redo an initial set up. 47-1 was picked back up correctly. However, 47-2 has a searching for signal msg. Signal meter shows 95-100% on both channels. A friend of mine has the exact same problem.

Apparently, the info that needs to be changed on my HR20 that tells it to look for 47-2 @ 47-2 now instead of 53-2, has not been updated or not updated correctly. 47-1 obviously was.

I called the TV station to let them know in hopes they knew who to call to correct the info. They were surprised to find out I could pull the OTA signals in through my receiver.

I called Directv only to get a CSR who wanted to trouble shoot all of connections, reset my receiver and then send out a service tech to verify it was not my equipment...AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know who to contact? Is there a company that provides this info to Directv & others?

Thanks in advance

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,646 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

Moving this to the DIRECTV Programming forum. You might want to post this in the appropriate thread in the HD locals forum.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:01 AM

I'd send an e-mail describing your exact problem. I think the e-mail agents would have a better chance of getting the info to the right department.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#4 OFFLINE   lewesbill

lewesbill

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

I live in Lewes De. I have the exaxt same pronlem. More than once I have reset the receiver, and done a new antenna set up. The antenna signal meter on both tuner one and two reads 100% for 47.1 and 47.2 but when I tune to 47.2 I get 771 searching for signal. I have the HR -700 DVR.

#5 OFFLINE   robq391

robq391

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

Stuart, I'm kinda confused as to why you moved this. Seems to me that this an OTA reception issue vs a Directv programming issue.

The description for the Broadcast/HDTV forum says "Discussion about reception of local HDTV or Standard Definition channels off the air (OTA)."

#6 OFFLINE   Supervolcano

Supervolcano

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:55 AM

Stuart, I'm kinda confused as to why you moved this. Seems to me that this an OTA reception issue vs a Directv programming issue.

The description for the Broadcast/HDTV forum says "Discussion about reception of local HDTV or Standard Definition channels off the air (OTA)."

Probably because your using a DirecTV receiver to interpret the signal.

Could you or lewesbill try tuning to the channel through your hdtv instead of the directv receiver?
Click Here to See my Equipment and SWM8 Configuration.
Click Here for My Theories on why we have no shouldn't have DLB yet.
Click Here to Review cbaker's "Long Term (Multiple CE) Bug List".

#7 OFFLINE   robq391

robq391

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:58 AM

Tuning directly from my hdtv works fine. I p/u both of the channels correctly.

spam firewall