Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Unable to upgrade and remove programing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Artorture

Artorture

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

I am unable to add or remove programing on my account at http://www.Dishnetwork.com Is anybody having this issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,336 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

I've had it in the past (due to package conflicts). Open a chat in the customer support area (where you normally would add and remove stuff) or use the phone.

#3 OFFLINE   nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:17 AM

I am unable to add or remove programing on my account at http://www.Dishnetwork.com Is anybody having this issue?

I've found it's easiest if I start at this screen:

https://customersupp...processLogon.do

#4 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

I've found it's easiest if I start at this screen:

https://customersupp...processLogon.do

The ability to modify your programming MUST be package dependent since some CAN do it and others (like myself) can NOT. All I ever get (no matter where I start my login) is:

"We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account."

In fact, I wasn't looking to "change" anything, I just wanted to VIEW my programming. I still get the same message. :(

Does anybody test the web site for proper operation after the web developers have worked on it and before it's available to the public?

#5 OFFLINE   nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

In fact, I wasn't looking to "change" anything, I just wanted to VIEW my programming. I still get the same message. :(

I assume you mean that that's the result you get when you click the "View My Programming" button, correct? Otherwise, you should be able to view the various programming whether you log in or not.

I haven't tried this, but there are a lot of items available through the Menu button on the remote. Have you tried that?

#6 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

The ability to modify your programming MUST be package dependent since some CAN do it and others (like myself) can NOT. All I ever get (no matter where I start my login) is:

"We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account."

Does anybody test the web site for proper operation after the web developers have worked on it and before it's available to the public?

The information above the View My Programming button is your programming information.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#7 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

One brother Daryl is in Dev and makes the changes. The other brother Daryl is in QA and tests them. Unfortunately, they are both in the group of people for whom the site works and you can view/change programming. I'm in the camp where the My Programming button on the left displays the "Change Programming" screen with the "No Can Do" message. To just View your Programming, don't click on the Programming button, but rather on My Account Home and scroll down enough to see the View My Programming button. Right above the button is Your Programming already displayed. If you actually click the View Programming button, you again are taken to the CHANGE programming and get "No Can Do".

#8 OFFLINE   klegg

klegg

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

One brother Daryl is in Dev and makes the changes. The other brother Daryl is in QA and tests them. Unfortunately, they are both in the group of people for whom the site works and you can view/change programming. I'm in the camp where the My Programming button on the left displays the "Change Programming" screen with the "No Can Do" message. To just View your Programming, don't click on the Programming button, but rather on My Account Home and scroll down enough to see the View My Programming button. Right above the button is Your Programming already displayed. If you actually click the View Programming button, you again are taken to the CHANGE programming and get "No Can Do".

You're not alone. I've reported the issue to E* because I get the same error.

#9 OFFLINE   finniganps

finniganps

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

Seems to me that it is much easier to simply call Dish and change your programming once you hit an error message on the website.

#10 OFFLINE   nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

The information above the View My Programming button is your programming information.

yes, but not including your other options

#11 OFFLINE   bsmith_tsu

bsmith_tsu

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

I started having the problem today. When I informed the CSR they stated that they were currently having website technical issues. I guess it will be fixed "soon."

#12 OFFLINE   jpeckinp

jpeckinp

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:36 PM

I started having the problem today. When I informed the CSR they stated that they were currently having website technical issues. I guess it will be fixed "soon."

That is a canned answer they always say that along with they are having computer problems when you call them.

I can't remember the last time I called a provider that they didn't say "Please be patient we are having computer problems today" Somebody really needs to get new computers or something, but my guess is it's all a training thing.

#13 OFFLINE   nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:25 AM

I can actually get back in now - made some changes.

spam firewall