Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

installing a 2nd satellite dish for dish network hd locals

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   packerfan31

packerfan31

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

Has anybody had dish network install a 2nd dish to get your local channels in HD. I have to have a 2nd dish installed. My dish is on a pole in back yard. Does dish network do a good job with installing a 2nd dish and how exactly and where how close to other dish do they install it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,085 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

You really should ask this in the Dish forums since it's not really a broadcast/HDTV question.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   rhambling

rhambling

Godfather

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

i had dish. they use one dish for the 110/119 locations. iirc, all there hd comes from 62.5, so you will have a dish facing east and one west.

SWMline-5 ODU
Winegard SS-2000 OTA
Samsung LN-T4042h 40" LCD
HR21-100 & AM-21[hdmi][wired][ups]
Samsung DVD-1080P7[YPbPr]
Xbox 360[hdmi][wired]
Yamaha RX-V363 AVR
Linksys WRT54G [Hyperwrt 2.1b1 + Thibor15c]

Protected By... spam firewall...And...