Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Free HD extra pak for three months but...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jdh8668

jdh8668

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

Just received an email from Directv that advertised 3 months free of the HD extra pak. So I clicked on the link to add that to my account, when a screen came up saying, I would have to change my package since I have an older package and it is does not support the programming/service I selected. Plus once I change, I can never go back to my old package. Guess they don't want my upgraded business that bad.:lol:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

you can call and have it added without losing your old package

#3 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

you can call and have it added without losing your old package

A CSR refused to do that for me last week. Haven't spun the wheel again since then. ;)
When news breaks...we fix it.

#4 OFFLINE   ansky

ansky

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

I called and had it added a few weeks ago. They did not make me change my package.

#5 OFFLINE   Starchy77

Starchy77

Godfather

• Registered
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

I had gotten the message when I still had "complimentary" HD channels due to having an HR10-250 on my account. When I called they could change it for me without any problems.

#6 OFFLINE   CHDinCT

CHDinCT

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:39 AM

When they started charging extra for these extra pak HD channels, I called up and complained that they removed channels I had since taking the original D* HD pack (back when it was about 6 channels, it included HDnet and HDnet movies, for example). They game me the extra pak free for another 6 months, BUT when I went to drop them after the 6 months were up, I was forced to change my package (was on the old Total Choice Plus with HD). It was change packages, or keep paying the extra $4.99 for the HD Extra Pak. Sort of had me over a barrel you might say.

#7 OFFLINE   ansky

ansky

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

When they started charging extra for these extra pak HD channels, I called up and complained that they removed channels I had since taking the original D* HD pack (back when it was about 6 channels, it included HDnet and HDnet movies, for example). They game me the extra pak free for another 6 months, BUT when I went to drop them after the 6 months were up, I was forced to change my package (was on the old Total Choice Plus with HD). It was change packages, or keep paying the extra $4.99 for the HD Extra Pak. Sort of had me over a barrel you might say.

The sad thing is, the Choice Xtra package costs $3 more per month than Total Choice Plus, and you get fewer channels. I know CBS College Sports is one network I get with TC+ but is not included with Xtra. Are there any others?

#8 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

The sad thing is, the Choice Xtra package costs $3 more per month than Total Choice Plus, and you get fewer channels. I know CBS College Sports is one network I get with TC+ but is not included with Xtra. Are there any others?

Well that sucks.. Suites are getting rich.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...