Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Sirius (and XM) "guarantee"

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:51 AM

...this is crazy......the bottom line is that all of these channel belong to Sirius XM and to be fair they should find a way to get make them available to ALL without jerking people around with this 'obsolete' radio issue.:mad: :mad:

They can't afford to do that remember we are talking about Sat. radio. The two companies have different systems just like D* TV and DISH TV have different systems. They may be a merged company in name, but in fact they still have two different systems when it comes to broadcasting.
That is a big reason why I don't think they should have been allowed to merger. It's like trying to make one apple pie, but you had two pies before--one was apple the other was cherry. You can't turn all the cherries into apples to make the one apple pie! I'm sure someone can come up with a less stupid explaination, but that is the best I can do for right now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:37 AM

They can't afford to do that remember we are talking about Sat. radio. The two companies have different systems just like D* TV and DISH TV have different systems. .

...I gotcha....but I hope it's more than affordability. What they should have done is their homework. That is, figure which channels they can do away with (on both sides), which platform they want to base their comapny on and move forward. Then there should be some sort of assistance to help listeners upgrade their equipment. This idea of the best of XM or the best of Sirius makes no sense.:mad: :mad:

#23 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:06 PM

...I gotcha....but I hope it's more than affordability. What they should have done is their homework. That is, figure which channels they can do away with (on both sides), which platform they want to base their comapny on and move forward. Then there should be some sort of assistance to help listeners upgrade their equipment. This idea of the best of XM or the best of Sirius makes no sense.:mad: :mad:

I also think they should have asked for subs input on the stations changes. I know there still would have been no way they could have pleased everyone, but still the subs would have felt that they did play some part in the decision. But no they didn't even let the subs know about the changes in advance :eek2: That is no way to run a company especially one that needs money as much as Sirius XM :nono:

#24 OFFLINE   YKW06

YKW06

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:43 AM

Look what I found!

From http://investor.siri...eleaseID=232255

"Following a merger, SIRIUS will be able to offer the best of both services in a mix of programming that can be accessed by existing radios, including such critically acclaimed SIRIUS programming as:

* 100% commercial-free music

* The best sports line-up including the NFL, NASCAR, NBA and college
sports

* Top personalities, such as Howard Stern, with two dedicated full-time
channels, Martha Stewart Living Radio, CosmoRadio, Playboy Radio, and
Blue Collar Comedy channel, among many others"

I *cannot* receive NBA programming with my existing radio! The guarantee has been broken. What will Sirius do about it?

Look at the date of that release. Over a year before the NBA contract was up. Had the merger been approved in a timely manner (no US merger has ever taken as long to be resolved, whether approved or rejected, as did this one), that part of the release would have remained accurate. No one could have possibly foreseen that it would not be.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...