Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Bugs" Sticky Threads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:38 AM

Maybe I missed it - is there a thread somewhere for rumors of solutions/progress on the issues that are in the "Bugs" sticky threads at the top of this board?

I subscribed to the threads, but it seems that new postings are always from folks basically saying that they are having the same problems as everyone else.

Perhaps it's time to start a resolution thread.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,524 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Maybe I missed it - is there a thread somewhere for rumors of solutions/progress on the issues that are in the "Bugs" sticky threads at the top of this board?

I subscribed to the threads, but it seems that new postings are always from folks basically saying that they are having the same problems as everyone else.

Perhaps it's time to start a resolution thread.

The "resolution thread" is the next software release sticky thread, which of course covers whatever is resolved plus whatever new problems are created.:rolleyes:

#3 OFFLINE   ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

plus whatever new problems are created.:rolleyes:

LOL! !rolling

Q: What's the definition of "upgrade"?

A: Trading a known set of bugs for an unknown set of bugs! :D

AT250, Locals, Platinum HD
Dish 500 (110 & 119) plus wing dish (61.5)
Living room: ViP612 to Yamaha receiver and JVC 42" 1080i 16:9 plasma
Bedroom: ViP612 to JVC 32" 1080i 16:9 CRT
Motorhome: ViP722, to Sharp 32" 1080i 16:9 LCD (TV1) and SD 4:3 CRT (TV2)

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

nostalgiaguru.. Nice suggestion, but as Pherlin indicated we tend to mix both the fixed and what got broken into the same thread. Why? it allows us to keep both the good and bad related to a thread in the same discussion.

One thing that will happen ("Current Audio thread is a good example") is that if there is an issue that seems to be hot and we want to collect as much info as possible we break out the thread to bring the issue to focus and to allow us to keep all the info related to the issue in one thread. Another example is the Timer issue that is also pretty active at this time.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

Protected By... spam firewall...And...