Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SD Locals in Harrisburg

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   myselfalso

myselfalso

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

I did a quick search for locals available in the Harrisburg area. I noticed this:
WGAL 8
WLYH 15
WHP 21
WHTM 27
WPMT 43
WGCB 49
TFT 431

Why would they include this channel?
I have been a DirecTV subscriber since 2005.

A few channels I'd still like to see DirecTV add are:
CSPAN3, the PAC-12 Network(s), BBC World and more international news channels.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

I think its a spanish station. No freakin' idea why we would get this channel in PA. It must be an error.

I am still awaiting D* to carry WLYH-DT and WITF-DT (33.1 and/or 33.3). Nothing has been announced about these two/three channels for the Harrisburg/Lancaster market.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#3 OFFLINE   myselfalso

myselfalso

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:37 PM

D* made the agreement with PBS, but there hasn't been any news on that since the announcement of the agreement. As for WLYH, who knows why they don't have that.

#4 OFFLINE   ActiveHDdave

ActiveHDdave

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

They have PBS 33 just not in HD.

#5 OFFLINE   ebubman

ebubman

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:22 AM

new user here on the west shore----------so what's the pbs station provided here in the general hbg area? does that means that pbs 33 is the local channel 33 witf? thanks, bub

#6 OFFLINE   Piratefan98

Piratefan98

Icon

• Registered
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:30 AM

new user here on the west shore----------so what's the pbs station provided here in the general hbg area? does that means that pbs 33 is the local channel 33 witf? thanks, bub

Yes. PBS 33 is WITF, in glorious low-definition. The other channels (NBC 8, CBS 21, ABC 27, and Fox 43) are in HD.

Jeff

#7 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

D* provides us with just the WITF analog (33) feed. No 33.3 (PBS HD) and no 33.1 (WITF digital feed of analog channel programming).

Looks like some areas are getting their My Network and CW affiliates from D* in HD, but not in our area yet.
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#8 OFFLINE   myselfalso

myselfalso

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

Since MNTV is on the .2, will D* ever give us another feed for MNTV? All in the same, what's the deal with WGCB 49? Saw they were being dropped because of lack of paperwork? Seems odd.

#9 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

WGCB was dropped Jan 1 on D*. WITF has dropped their 33.3 (PBS HD) signal. Still no WITF-DT in D*.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...