Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

pixelation problem with TBS HD

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   packerfan31

packerfan31

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:03 PM

Anybody else have a little pixelation picture problem while watching TBS HD. It did it a little while watching the Sox and the Ray's. It only does it once in a while and only for a second at a time. I am getting TBS HD off of the 129 satalite position.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,030 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

If it is infrequent and only lasts a second or two, this could be the normal pixelizing many of us see from the 129 location. Mine is better than some because I usually have a solid signal but if the sky is a little cloudy all bets are off.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

#3 OFFLINE   mikeap

mikeap

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

Yes I am having it too. Not sure if it is 129 related, but the fact that the 129 has this problem, even if it is not the cause this time, is such a blight on Dish. And they all deny that it exists. Or they tell you to get a wing dish, lame.
Sure wish they could just get their act together and get satellites properly clustered, and not put the channels people watch the most or most of the HD on 129.

If anyone has any info on what is causing the pixelation, it would help. I don't think it is compression/motion blur for a 1080i over-compressed signal because it happens on non fast moving images too.

Although I can't remember seeing the pixelation on commercials, but I do try to avoid looking at them when watching live.

#4 OFFLINE   avman7

avman7

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

I don't watch TBS much, but tonight's Game7 PQ was horrible!

I thought it was my connection problem, but it sounds like many people had
same experiences.

WS will be on Fox, and I hope PQ will be better than TBS.

#5 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:35 PM

I saw the issues here as well. I have issues with 129, but these pixelation and motion artifacts issues were almost constant tonight. The 129 signal drop issues only affect my pictures about once an hour, in those cases I actually lost the entire signal for about 2-3 minutes each time.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#6 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:22 PM

Count me in on the group.. I had about 15 to 20 instances of the issues.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#7 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:40 AM

I think this might have been happening everywhere from 129. I had recorded "True Blood" earlier in the evening at around 7:00 MDT and by 9:00 I was getting the "Signal Acquisition Lost" on the screen. I had to do a soft reboot to get things working again.
171 Blu-ray
83 DVD
63 HD DVD

#8 OFFLINE   DAG

DAG

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

i get it on 61.5. maybe it's the feed..
Model 622, replaced once by DISH in Feb., 2006

Software L635
Dual mode

OTAs via large antenna in attic
Panasonic 42" plasma industrial grade monitor
Component video via Audio Authority AA1154A component switcher
Toslink switched/converted to coax via AA1554A
Bose Lifestyle 20 using coax digital audio

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,030 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

I think this might have been happening everywhere from 129. I had recorded "True Blood" earlier in the evening at around 7:00 MDT and by 9:00 I was getting the "Signal Acquisition Lost" on the screen. I had to do a soft reboot to get things working again.

If you were recording from HBOHD, then that would be a different problem since HBOHD is on the 110 location. If you were recording from HBOW or one of the newer additions, then that might be related.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

#10 OFFLINE   bartendress

bartendress

Godfather

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

It wasn't an issue with 129 during ALCS Game 7 last night. , it was the TBS feed. The on-screen graphics were not affected in any way.
"Some people are like Slinkys.
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face
when you push them down a flight of stairs." -Anon.

#11 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

I recall one of the playoff games was delayed 10 or 20 minutes due to technical difficulties in Atlanta.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

spam firewall