Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP722 RF Frequency?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cal-riss

cal-riss

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

Does anybody know the frequency of the remote? I have a Universal Base unit that converts RF to IR and would like the Dish remote to control all of my components. The base runs at 418. Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,703 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

I recall I found it at FCC site by looking FCC ID on the remote. I'll check my notes - what model of remote you have ? 6.3 ?

#3 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

Does anybody know the frequency of the remote? I have a Universal Base unit that converts RF to IR and would like the Dish remote to control all of my components. The base runs at 418. Thanks

There is no standardized protocol of RF control signals that crosses manufacturers' boundaries. Your Universal Remote Base Unit will work with that manufacturer's companion remote products, but not with another manufacturer's (E*, for example.)

http://www.universal...ro/products.php

Were it otherwise, Harmony and others would be bringing out RF capable remotes that would operate with different manufacturers' equipments. It is not an issue of frequency compatibility.

Additionally, the E* RF remote does not transmit RF for the Aux, VCR, and TV devices - just IR.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,703 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

Good answer,not sure if OP satisfied.

Anyway:
- Pro 8.0: 371.1 MHz
- Pro 4/6.2: 369...395 MHz
- Pro 2.0: 369.5 MHz
- old(dont have model) : 384 MHz.

Sorry man, you're SOL.

#5 OFFLINE   cal-riss

cal-riss

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

Well, if only dreams could come true.
Thanks again.

#6 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:18 PM

Nothing wrong with dreaming and welcome to DBSTalk cal-riss. Always good to see a fresh face from my neighborhood.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

spam firewall