Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622/722 EHD Issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   randyb19

randyb19

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:58 PM

Sorry if this has been asked, but I could not find through searches. I've noticed that when I go to playback items from an EHD connected either to my 622 or 722, instead of starting from where I stopped the show, it either starts from the beginning or from the previous stopping point. Kind of annoying when your half way or more through a show, stop it and them come back later to restart and it starts from the very beginning.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,524 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

Sorry if this has been asked, but I could not find through searches. I've noticed that when I go to playback items from an EHD connected either to my 622 or 722, instead of starting from where I stopped the show, it either starts from the beginning or from the previous stopping point. Kind of annoying when your half way or more through a show, stop it and them come back later to restart and it starts from the very beginning.

It's one of the things about the EHD system that will be improved upon...SOON.:sure:

#3 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

I'm kinda confused by your statement. You said it will start from a "previous stopping point" or the beginning; isn't that what you want?

On my 622 or 722, if I'm watching a show off EHD, and stop anywhere in the middle to watch something else, when I come back and view the show again I get the option to "resume" or "start over" from beginning.

If I choose resume it begins where I had previously stopped viewing. Isn't this what you want? Works the same way as the internal drive.

#4 OFFLINE   E91

E91

Godfather

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

I'm kinda confused by your statement. You said it will start from a "previous stopping point" or the beginning; isn't that what you want?

On my 622 or 722, if I'm watching a show off EHD, and stop anywhere in the middle to watch something else, when I come back and view the show again I get the option to "resume" or "start over" from beginning.

If I choose resume it begins where I had previously stopped viewing. Isn't this what you want? Works the same way as the internal drive.

Could he mean this: Let's say I want to watch a show that I saved to my EHD a few months back. That show will be at the bottom of the directory (everything on EHD listed by date of storage). When I get done watching that show, I hit stop. Now, I'm back at the start of the directory and I have to scroll all the way down and find the show if I want to delete it or restart it.

#5 OFFLINE   randyb19

randyb19

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

Sorry ZBoomer, let me elaborate. Let's say I play a movie for my kids and they watch 15 minutes of it and we stop the movie. The next night, I choose Resume and we watch another half hour and stop again, without finishing the movie. Sometimes, on the third night, when I choose Resume again, it will start back at the 15 minute mark and not where we left off the night before at the 45 minute mark. And on other occasions, it will just start over from the beginning even though I chose Resume. I know it sounds weird, but it happens and not on every recording. Its annoying since there is no easy way to take large leaps forward in a recording, especially when the kids want to start from where they left off.

#6 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

Sorry ZBoomer, let me elaborate. Let's say I play a movie for my kids and they watch 15 minutes of it and we stop the movie. The next night, I choose Resume and we watch another half hour and stop again, without finishing the movie. Sometimes, on the third night, when I choose Resume again, it will start back at the 15 minute mark and not where we left off the night before at the 45 minute mark. And on other occasions, it will just start over from the beginning even though I chose Resume. I know it sounds weird, but it happens and not on every recording. Its annoying since there is no easy way to take large leaps forward in a recording, especially when the kids want to start from where they left off.

You indicate that this happens on your 622 and your 722. I had the same problem when I had a 622 and one of the software updates trashed my, and others, EHD. Once I upgraded, because they would never fix the problem with the 622's, I haven't had any issues with any of my external drives. Is this happening on your 722 as well? I suppose the 622 could be writing some sort of tag on the file that lets the receiver know where it left off. I wonder if you were to play a recording for 15 minutes then stop; then 30 minutes and stop on your 722, if it would work.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#7 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

Ok I get it; you get the resume feature, but it's buggy and doesn't always work. Interesting, I've never noticed that, but I don't think I've payed attention close enough. Maybe I will next time!

Oh, and E91, I know what you're talking about as well, and that is terribly annoying. I have like 400 programs on one EHD, and it's brutal to scroll to the bottom to watch something, man. We need folders on EHD BADLY.

#8 OFFLINE   Allen Noland

Allen Noland

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

. We need folders on EHD BADLY.

Soon.
Allen

Protected By... spam firewall...And...