Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Getting Acquiring Satellite message on 622

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Guitar1969

Guitar1969

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

Seems like lately my 622 has been losing its signal (Every 2 weeks or so) and goes through the long reacquiring satellite and downloading guide data process. Aside from this process taking about 20-30minutes or so each time and messing up any currently recording shows, it seems to always get stuck at the tail end of downloading guide data(Last block of progress bar) causing me to reboot, which ultimately gets my signal back. What should I be checking on my end before calling Dish.

Thanks,
mh

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

Growing tree limbs and a windy day?
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO

Godfather

• Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

Look at the system info screen and make sure all your sats are green.

#4 OFFLINE   vampirefish

vampirefish

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:40 PM

Couldn't help but leave a post here as I was really having a hard time with this as well.. and... well.. um... it was a Climatis that was growing up (vines) and over part of the dish (I have 2 dishes)!!! I also kind of redirected my 129 dish and got a much stronger signal... I was happy I was able to fix this... but it was the LAST thing I tried... what a dork!! :)

ViP 722K w/ Panasonic Viera TC-P60S30

#5 OFFLINE   Guitar1969

Guitar1969

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:11 PM

I don't have any obstructions, as my satellite is on top of my roof with a clear view of the birds. But I did go to the info screen, and I got all green on 110 119 and 129, but also a "Details" message that LNB Drift was detected,(129 e-5) which I have no clue what that means other than that it sounds like someone from Dish needs to come out and make some adjustments right. Or is it something I can do easily.

So my next question, is do you think that this is a service call I will have to pay for out of pocket or would it be covered since it is something that shouldn't happen with no fault of mine. Never have had service call so I am not sure how that works.

#6 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

I was happy I was able to fix this... but it was the LAST thing I tried...

Isn't the fix ALWAYS the last thing you try? :D
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

Protected By... spam firewall...And...