Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 Saga, three bad receivers so far

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:18 PM

Well that is good.. :D in the picture it was hard to tell... Did you try plugging your USB fan in both USB ports?

Sure sounds like you have a flaky box. I would start pushing towards a 722 given you are on your fourth 622.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   edison_GTI

edison_GTI

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

Well that is good.. :D in the picture it was hard to tell... Did you try plugging your USB fan in both USB ports?

Sure sounds like you have a flaky box. I would start pushing towards a 722 given you are on your fourth 622.

I only tried the back USB port.

I should get a 722 for sure, but the CSR decided to leave the chat and I'm starting over with another one :bang

#23 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

I would give the front one a try.. Shouldn't make a difference but it might. I still am not a fan of the receiver on the bottom.. but given it is a open cabnet I doubt you are running into a heat build up problem.

Another thing you can do is get a fan and blow it at your cabinet for a few days and see if the problem goes away. That might rule out heat but since it is a open cabinet I am leaning away now from heat has being an issue..
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#24 OFFLINE   edison_GTI

edison_GTI

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

I would if the receiver ever boots up :rolleyes:. It shows the sat acquisition screen and it goes blank again.

#25 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

Could be grounding of the Dish installation or an issue with the outlet or surge protector in that room. I'm not saying it is, you may very well have bad luck, but those are other issues that can cause the types of problems that you are having.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#26 OFFLINE   bartendress

bartendress

Godfather

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

I had my 722 in a similar enclosure and the only way I was able to solve the problem was to move the receiver to the top of my console. It has faithfully served as a pedestal for my Toshi for many months without fail.

Based on my experience, and a lot of info on this board, the 622/722 models are uber-sensitive to even the slightest air circulation disturbances.
"Some people are like Slinkys.
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face
when you push them down a flight of stairs." -Anon.

#27 OFFLINE   edison_GTI

edison_GTI

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

The Dish Network technician just left the house. Pretty much he installed a new ViP722 :hurah:, he didn't want to mess with the house installation or wiring.

The regional DN (he was checking on the technician work) said that if this one takes a dump, I should call an electrician to check for "floating grounds" or ground installation in the house.

I'm keeping fingers crossed, this one will be the one.

#28 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

If you can update the thread after a month of use that would be helpful.

#29 OFFLINE   tedb3rd

tedb3rd

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

I went through all your gyrations with DN also. They kept saying bad receiver, bad receiver, bad receiver. Long story short... Tried everything, including having Georgia Power come out and check for voltage fluctuations... Turns out it all my problems was due to a bad power inserter for the DPP44 switch. ...it took over a month of sending/receiving receivers. Some units worked for days, others just hours. It made no sense. But anyways.... Sometimes it's not always the most obvious.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...