Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 and dvr "reminder".....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   buzzcut

buzzcut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

ok, i have had my 622 for just a little over a year now. i have never tried using the "reminder" function until the other night. my question is, just what is this suppose to do?

i set it up to remind me when this one program was to begin---the "2 minute ticker" showed on the screen, but, that was the end of it. when the ticker ran out, nothing else happened. the tv just remained on the program i was watching. am i correct in assuming that the dvr should have automatically changed the tv to the channel i had set for the reminder? btw, it did show up in the "schedule", so, i am assuming it was set correctly.

just curious.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO

Godfather

• Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:12 AM

Reminder is just that, a reminder. It won't change to anything unless you tell it to. You would want the auto tune option. Hope that clears things up for you.

#3 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:02 AM

Yep, set an auto-tune type timer if you want the channel changed to the program.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#4 OFFLINE   buzzcut

buzzcut

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:57 AM

ohhhhhhhhh, okay.

just seemed kinda odd that's all you get----a "2minute ticker" in the corner of the screen.

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

ohhhhhhhhh, okay.

just seemed kinda odd that's all you get----a "2minute ticker" in the corner of the screen.

Out of curiosity, what were you expecting?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#6 OFFLINE   chainblu

chainblu

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:53 AM

Maybe he wants the receiver to call his phone and say "Hey buzz, the Waltons are on in 5 minutes, you better get your butt over here!" :lol:

#7 OFFLINE   buzzcut

buzzcut

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:08 AM

Maybe he wants the receiver to call his phone and say "Hey buzz, the Waltons are on in 5 minutes, you better get your butt over here!" :lol:

SHAZAM!!!

that's kinda scary! you read my mind.

hahaha

in all seriousness, with all the available programming (dates, channels, etc.) nowadays, just having a "2minute ticker" on the screen may not help much. you know, for some of us that are beginning to suffer from "senior moments".

understood, at first i thought it would switch channels, but, that question was answered---need to set it to autotune.

maybe they could have the channel number and/or name of programming you wanted to be reminded of. you then could decide if you really wanted to switch over to that program or not.

#8 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:16 AM

Also if you have the tuner set for single viewing (can't remember the official jargon) the channel won't change as long as the other tuner isn't in use already recording something. If it is busy then the tuner you are using changes to the channel that is going to be recorded.

#9 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

I actually never had used this feature.. My expectation given the name would be a pop up telling me information about the reminder instead of the count down. It would be nice if it also included the count down in the reminder.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#10 OFFLINE   frodob9

frodob9

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

When the reminder feature is used, all you have to do is press Select on your remote while the count down timer is flashing. This will give a pop up with details of the progam and the option to switch to it or cancel.

#11 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:04 PM

Sweet.. Nice top frodob9 and welcome to DBSTalk.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#12 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

I have plenty of "senior moments" myself, but I'm happy to learn new things everyday!
That is actually a cool feature I was not aware of. Thanks frodob9.

spam firewall