Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

612/622/722 Timer Issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: 612/622/722 Timer Issues Poll (188 member(s) have cast votes)

612/622/722 Timer Issues Poll

1. Is your VIP receiver a 612? (6 votes [3.19%])

Percentage of vote: 3.19%

2. Is your VIP receiver a 622? (31 votes [16.49%])

Percentage of vote: 16.49%

3. Is your VIP receiver a 722? (27 votes [14.36%])

Percentage of vote: 14.36%

4. Are your timers failing on OTA only? (5 votes [2.66%])

Percentage of vote: 2.66%

5. Are your timers failing on satellite only? (4 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

6. Are your timers failing on both OTA and satellite? (3 votes [1.60%])

Percentage of vote: 1.60%

7. Are your timer failing on ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX only (All OTA)? (8 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

8. Are your timers failing on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and CW (All OTA)? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. I am not having any Timer issues (40 votes [21.28%])

Percentage of vote: 21.28%

10. The pmsmith66 “Record Weekly” work around works for me. (4 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

11. I have not tried the pmsmith66 “Record Weekly” work around. (9 votes [4.79%])

Percentage of vote: 4.79%

12. This receiver is located in the North East. (8 votes [4.26%])

13. This receiver is located in the South East. (8 votes [4.26%])

14. This receiver is located in the Central region. (14 votes [7.45%])

Percentage of vote: 7.45%

15. This receiver is located in the South West. (6 votes [3.19%])

Percentage of vote: 3.19%

16. This receiver is located in the West. (14 votes [7.45%])

Percentage of vote: 7.45%

17. Disappearing timer events appeared after new Card Swap (1 votes [0.53%])

Percentage of vote: 0.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:08 PM

This is try two of Art's Poll. Hopefully I get this right.

Well I figured it is probably time to have a poll regarding the timer dumping issue with the VIP series DVRs. A good step forward on gathering data.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,478 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

I'm not having any timer problems on either my 612 or 722. But then again, I don't have access to OTA.;)

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#3 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,040 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

No timer issues here on either of my 722's.

#4 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

No issues.
Record OTA.
No HD LIL here.

Poll does not ask if failed sat timers are set on the real channel number (5000-6000 range) or the map-down, or for failed OTA timers if satellite map-downs are enabled.

What is the relevance of geographic region? If there are problems with how mapping was set up in certain markets (not saying there are, just a possibility), this question is too broad to identify them.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#5 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

I just posted a timer issue here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=143663

My timers haven't been dumped but the events have disappeared.

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

#6 OFFLINE   AzLarry

AzLarry

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

My CBS and NBC timers are intact, and said the recording was done (above the to-do list). A couple of shows didn't record last Monday night.

I have an OTA antenna hooked up, but these timers are on the satellite feed (-00 channel, not -01).

I called Dish Tech support just to let them know about my issue, and this is the first time I've had a problem with my 622 or 722 (I have both since 8/2007).

#7 OFFLINE   lpmiller

lpmiller

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

I'm going to repost this, slightly modified, from the other thread for those that haven't been following this befuddling issue:

"on my 622, recording on any OTA that has a matching Dish Map down channel will revert to a blank timer after the nightly shutoff. This is consistent on all OTA's with a mapdown. Channels that do not have a mapdown, like CW23, do not currently have this problem.

Normal mapdown local channels will do this too on timer recordings, though it's only consistent on Channel 9 mapdown, it seems only occasional on the other channels (have had it happen on 5 and 11, but not on 4, and only once on 5 and 11, other timers are working just fine.

It does not always affect old timers set last season, but seems to consistently affect new timers.

Timers on the non mapdown channels appear to have no issues. So CW 23 will record either way, OTA or Dish, because it's not a mapped down local. It does not appear when using the timer on the 5000+ channel area (non mapped down version - I really need a good term for this)

This issue was first noticed with the premiere of Sarah Connor, so I'm not sure if it was there before and I'm just noticing it with the fall TV sced or what.

It has happened to me once on the HBO HD mapdown, but only once. Otherwise I have not noticed it on any non local channel mapdown. So it seems to be mostly an issue with local channels.

Work arounds include using the "non mapdown" (5000+) channel, or doing same day recordings on mapdowns/OTA channels. Some users have found setting the timer for Weekly also is a work around, though not optimal."

#8 OFFLINE   johnstred

johnstred

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

I'm going to repost this, slightly modified, from the other thread for those that haven't been following this befuddling issue:

"on my 622, recording on any OTA that has a matching Dish Map down channel will revert to a blank timer after the nightly shutoff. This is consistent on all OTA's with a mapdown. Channels that do not have a mapdown, like CW23, do not currently have this problem.

Normal mapdown local channels will do this too on timer recordings, though it's only consistent on Channel 9 mapdown, it seems only occasional on the other channels (have had it happen on 5 and 11, but not on 4, and only once on 5 and 11, other timers are working just fine.

It does not always affect old timers set last season, but seems to consistently affect new timers.

Timers on the non mapdown channels appear to have no issues. So CW 23 will record either way, OTA or Dish, because it's not a mapped down local. It does not appear when using the timer on the 5000+ channel area (non mapped down version - I really need a good term for this)

This issue was first noticed with the premiere of Sarah Connor, so I'm not sure if it was there before and I'm just noticing it with the fall TV sced or what.

It has happened to me once on the HBO HD mapdown, but only once. Otherwise I have not noticed it on any non local channel mapdown. So it seems to be mostly an issue with local channels.

Work arounds include using the "non mapdown" (5000+) channel, or doing same day recordings on mapdowns/OTA channels. Some users have found setting the timer for Weekly also is a work around, though not optimal."

This is a perfect description with what is happening on my 622.... The "weekly" option has been working for me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...