Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Timers intact but events are gone?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

My husband was checking our events on the vip622 to see what was coming up and all of a sudden, while he was looking at them, the list disappeared and just showed a couple of skipped events for today and nothing for any other day. I did a power reboot, no change. I did a check switch and saw a couple of skipped events and Cold Case (sat out of LA, no OTA in my area) for tomorrow and nothing beyond. I power rebooted again and skipped events came back up but the only scheduled event that is showing up that is not skipped is Cold Case. I went to the system info and when it was done with the checks it said that 129 could not be detected. I did the check switch again and it said that all satellites were receiving.

Our timers are all still there but if I click on them, there are no shows scheduled to be recorded - no events.

Sunny day, no wind, no earthquakes, haven't moved anything, no trees magically appeared in front of dish. Any suggestions?

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

Waited for the LSU game to finish and then did a soft reboot. Events are back but a bit screwed up. Some of the things that are set with top priority are being skipped by things with a lower priority. Oh well, at least they're back and I can fix the skips.

This is something new for us. Our 622 has worked pretty much flawlessly since we got it a couple of years ago. Could it have anything to do with our new purple card that we installed about a week ago?

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Magnavox DVD Recorder

Sony BlueRay Player

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

Could it have anything to do with our new purple card that we installed about a week ago?

Interesting thought. I had not considered that. I have the new cards and I'm having timer issues.
Ron - maybe you could put in an extra choice on the poll for "new cards"??
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,703 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

I haven't noticed any timer issues with my 622... but I haven't received the new smartcart yet... not much help I know, but in case that becomes the issue figured I'd chime in.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   johnstred

johnstred

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

I haven't noticed any timer issues with my 622... but I haven't received the new smartcart yet... not much help I know, but in case that becomes the issue figured I'd chime in.

You may have the issue discussed here, although it refers mainly to disappearing events under OTA timers.....
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=139720

#6 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

My husband was checking our events on the vip622 to see what was coming up and all of a sudden, while he was looking at them, the list disappeared and just showed a couple of skipped events for today and nothing for any other day. ...

Debi,

Is your seven day guide present and complete?

#7 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

As a Data point, I have the new card on my 722 and I have not seen the issue. I will add it has a option on the poll.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#8 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

Debi,

Is your seven day guide present and complete?

Sorry for the late reply, SaltiDawg, been vacationing on the beach.

Yes, my seven day guide was fully present - that was the first thing I checked and didn't see any 'information unavailable'. And I figured that the guide might have been corrupted which is why I ran the check switch several times to get the guide data to download. It looks like everything that was supposed to record while we were gone is there so I'll just have to keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Magnavox DVD Recorder

Sony BlueRay Player

#9 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

As a Data point, I have the new card on my 722 and I have not seen the issue. I will add it has a option on the poll.

Thanks, Ron, I added my vote on the poll. Could be an issue for the 622's alone but I don't see anyone else having voted for that option.

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Magnavox DVD Recorder

Sony BlueRay Player

Protected By... spam firewall...And...