Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Alphabetic DVR Listing?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nKeith

nKeith

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:02 PM

After installing a refurbished ViP622 I find that recordings on both the internal DVR as well as EHD are no longer listed in alphabetical order. On my original ViP 622, the listings were alphabetical.

Is there a procedure for restoring alphabetical listing?

Keith

#2 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

On the scrren with the list of your recording select "SORT" and change it.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#3 OFFLINE   nKeith

nKeith

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

On the scrren with the list of your recording select "SORT" and change it.

So simple! Thanks, ks9c

#4 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

Or simply press the pip Swap Key, this toggles the listing.

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:24 AM

Or simply press the pip Swap Key, this toggles the listing.

Providing one of the two last sort operations is an alpha sort. It toggles between the last two sorts.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#6 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:51 AM

Mine's been that way so long I forget, what are the sort options besides alphabetical and date?

#7 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

Mine's been that way so long I forget, what are the sort options besides alphabetical and date?

If Group by Title is selected, only Alpha/Numeric and DVR Date are available.

If No Groups are selected, the following is available:
Alpha/Numeric
DVR Date
Movies
Series/Specials
Sports
DVR Length
Protected

I had not realized that the options changed depending on the Group setting. :blush:
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#8 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

Ahh, I always leave groups on, so never see the rest... (they look familiar, but it's been a long time...)

#9 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

If Group by Title is selected, only Alpha/Numeric and DVR Date are available.

If No Groups are selected, the following is available:
Alpha/Numeric
DVR Date
Movies
Series/Specials
Sports
DVR Length
Protected

I had not realized that the options changed depending on the Group setting. :blush:

I may be confused, but all of those options are grayed out except Alpha/Numeric and DVR Date. (In Timers, however, all options are available.)

#10 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

They are grayed out if you have folders turned on; turn off folders and the other options become available.

#11 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

Quick question related to this: if I have a long list of recordings, no matter how it's sorted, is there an quick and easy way to simply go to either the last recording, or the last page of recordings?

#12 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

Quick question related to this: if I have a long list of recordings, no matter how it's sorted, is there an quick and easy way to simply go to either the last recording, or the last page of recordings?

Not that I know of, though the page up and page down buttons let you go a page at a time instead of one recording or folder at a time.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#13 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

If your list is alpha sorted, you can use the number keys on the remote to jump to titles starting with A, D, G, etc. This does not work on the EHD.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#14 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

If your list is alpha sorted, you can use the number keys on the remote to jump to titles starting with A, D, G, etc. This does not work on the EHD.

That is a good tip. I had forgotten that I stumbled on that a few months back. Gotta write that down. Do you think the EHD will ever get a user interface like we have on the internal drive? Soon?

#15 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:35 PM

I don't understand why they didn't just modify the existing interface to add file size and other EHD specific commands. Why start from bare-bones basic when they already have something that works?

Maybe they'll even make the external list viewable with the main list, with options to view Int Only, Ext Only or Int+Ext. What we have now is a menu shortcut.

And to bring this back on topic, it would be nice to be able to change the EHD sort method without having to exit the list first.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#16 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

It would not surprise me to find that pressing the '9' key would take one to the end of the list. Pressing '1' will go to the top.

#17 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

Thanks. :)

#18 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

Press the '9' key. That will take you to the end of the list.

#19 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

Is there a list for these "hidden" commands?

#20 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

Press the '9' key. That will take you to the end of the list.

And '1" takes you back up to the top. :up: Just like TulsaOK suggested.

spam firewall