Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Poor 622 is dead

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

I noticed on Sunday that a fan like sound was continuous on my 622 upstairs. I tried to turn it on to no avail. Wouldn't reboot from the power switch either. Unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged it in. The TV1 light would come on for a bit then off, then on, then off...

Called DISH today. Seems like it's a continouous reboot and the 'fan' noise is the drive trying to spin up. Good thing my CSR was knowledgeable. He even used words like 'flash memory' and 'hard drive'! WOW!

After trying a few obvious things, it becam clear the unit had died. The one time I did get it to reboot on Sunday, I managed to move about half my recordings to my hard drive. I guess I'll keep playing to see if I can get it to reboot once more.

So long old friend!:(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tedb3rd

tedb3rd

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

If your new receiver comes and you have same/similar problems, hassle with dish to exchange your power inserter and/or the multi-switch. I had a 622 with the SAME symptoms. After sending 3 replacement units that worked anywhere from 24 hours to 1 week, they agreed to replace the power inserter and swith and all worked fine after that. ....a month of receivers back & forth and lots of gyrations and it was a stupid power inserter for the DPP44 switch.

#3 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:40 AM

interesting...
I don't have a power inserter. That went away when the 1000.2 antenna was installed. I will keep an eye on this though.

#4 OFFLINE   rocket69

rocket69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

its probly just a bad box...i just had my 3 month old 722 giving problems with the PVR(hard drive is jacked) ..

In my exprince if replacing recevers check the line all the way from dish to recever. Dont let you tech be lazy watch him. Went on an service call and customer showd me a stack of service calls all for the same 211 craping out.. Me bing the pro tec go under the house and find a old cable grond block inline that is only 1ghz . Reran the whole line and thus far 23 was his magic number for service calls never another problem. now any referals he has me install them.

" Why Would You Every Pay More"
Dish Fees $50(Sold 3X722 1x 612)
DirecTv Fees $30 (3xHR24 1 H24) $180
Saved a year with DirecTv!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...