Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Jersey Wins The Cup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:16 PM

The New Jersey Devils have won the stanley cup finals defeating the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in game 7 tonight 3-0.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Unthinkable

Unthinkable

• Registered
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Msguy
The New Jersey Devils have won the stanley cup finals defeating the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in game 7 tonight 3-0.

Someone revive the Stanley Cup Predictions thread where I correctly predicted in advance the Devils would get their 3rd cup in 9 years. Disregard the fact that I had them beating Vancouver to win it all though! :D

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:33 PM

*sigh* As I expected
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#4 OFFLINE   Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:57 AM

I hoped for a close Game 7, but I'm glad the Devils kept "Mighty Ducks" from being permanently inscribed on Lord Stanley's Cup.

#5 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 11:18 AM

Apologies to the Ducks fans for the way our fans treated the Conn Smythe announcement. Giguerre deserved the award for singlehandedly carrying the team on his back. I know the fans wanted Brodeur or another player (Friesen even had a shot with his 10 goals), but Giguerre truly deserved the MVP label.

That being said, the way they played that game last night was inspired. My favorite moment was when a Ducks player had the puck directly behind Brodeur's net and was dancing back and forth trying to get one of the Devil's players to try and flush him out. They lined up in a defensive posture and waited for HIM to make the move. They wound up knocking the puck away when he did come out and caused a turnover. Great stuff.

It seems to be a Meadowlands trademark with all of the teams. Solid defense. Not respected offensively. But they seem to find a way to keep surprising you and doing better than expected. The Giants did this first, then the Devils, and now even the lowly Nets are following this credo. We stand in the shadow of New York and never get the respect that we deserve. The Devils play in a big arena and have a hardcore bunch of fans and do not deserve the label that they do not support the team. In many other markets they would play in a smaller house and no one would say anything.

The nucleus of the team will be back next year. As long as we have Brodeur we'll be a factor. (He's another great that doesn't get the respect he deserves. Everyone mentions Patrick Roy with awe, but now Brodeur has only one less Stanley Cup win than him.)

Congratulations Devils fans... they may play in a swamp, but the grit and heart they showed will echo throughout the offseason. Which is what, 6 weeks?
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Unthinkable

Unthinkable

• Registered
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:54 PM

Originally posted by Steve Mehs
*sigh* As I expected

Is this directed at me or at your displeasure in seeing the Devils win?

#7 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:01 PM

No not directed at you or anyone, including the Devils team. I only follow the NHL during play off season, I wanted to see the Ducks win because they're a newer franchise, that has never had much luck and I wanted to see them win being the underdogs. The Devils wining the cup a few times in recent years made me want to see the Ducks win even more, but I hold nothing against the Devils.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...