Exactly. and Darken Rahl was a blonde haired blue eyed beauty - and where are his scars?
I am watching the second part right now - Richard chasing after the book - ...Rahl is using a journey book which is interesting considering they are not introduced to later in the book series.
I had to stop thinking about all the little things that were different; otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to watch the series. Granted, it’s probably been at least 12 years since I read the first book, so I may have forgotten some things. Other things I noticed
1. They show Richard eating a red apple. I thought they were going to lead into the whole red fruits are poisonous in mid world, but they didn’t follow through on it.
2. Women's hair in regard to their stature in society. I seem to remember that being a pretty big thing in the beginning of the series.
3. Maybe I missed it in the beginning of the books, but I seem to remember Richard being full of self confidence. He seemed pretty wimpy to me in the first two episodes.
4. I need to go back and re-read the first book, but I don't remember Zed being with Richard/Khalan when they crossed the boundary. I thought Zed spent several months with Addie.
5. The Dhahran’s that followed Khalan were part of a "quad" which only had 4 soldiers. It seemed like there were 6 or 7 following her in episode 1 (maybe there were 2 units and she had already killed one).
7. Chase seemed smaller that I imagined him in the books. But as large as Chase was in the books, I thought even he was small compared to the Dhahran soldiers. The Dhahran’s in the series didn’t seem overly impressive to me.
8. No mention of Richard as a great archer. That's huge in the series.
OK, I have to stop...