Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Legend of the Seeker: Series Premier OAD 11/1/2008

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 814 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

Exactly. and Darken Rahl was a blonde haired blue eyed beauty - and where are his scars?

I am watching the second part right now - Richard chasing after the book - ...Rahl is using a journey book which is interesting considering they are not introduced to later in the book series.

I had to stop thinking about all the little things that were different; otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to watch the series. Granted, it’s probably been at least 12 years since I read the first book, so I may have forgotten some things. Other things I noticed
1. They show Richard eating a red apple. I thought they were going to lead into the whole red fruits are poisonous in mid world, but they didn’t follow through on it.
2. Women's hair in regard to their stature in society. I seem to remember that being a pretty big thing in the beginning of the series.
3. Maybe I missed it in the beginning of the books, but I seem to remember Richard being full of self confidence. He seemed pretty wimpy to me in the first two episodes.
4. I need to go back and re-read the first book, but I don't remember Zed being with Richard/Khalan when they crossed the boundary. I thought Zed spent several months with Addie.
5. The Dhahran’s that followed Khalan were part of a "quad" which only had 4 soldiers. It seemed like there were 6 or 7 following her in episode 1 (maybe there were 2 units and she had already killed one).
7. Chase seemed smaller that I imagined him in the books. But as large as Chase was in the books, I thought even he was small compared to the Dhahran soldiers. The Dhahran’s in the series didn’t seem overly impressive to me.
8. No mention of Richard as a great archer. That's huge in the series.

OK, I have to stop...

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf

Icon

• Registered
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:06 AM

2. Women's hair in regard to their stature in society. I seem to remember that being a pretty big thing in the beginning of the series.

I don't think they got into the hair length thing until after they crossed the barrier - it wasn't an issue on the Westland side.

#23 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 814 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

After week 3, this one has moved to the "if I have nothing else to watch on the DVR" status. I know they can't follow the book 100%, but this looks like it's going to be the A-Team with swords and magic. First 5 minutes, ride into town and find this weeks trouble. Next 45 minutes get captured by bad guys/get free from bad guys. Final 10 minutes, chop/blast everyone to bits and then sit around the fire and tell everyone what we learned today.

wash/rinse/repeat

I sooooo much wanted this to be good.

Thanks,
Rich

HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

#24 OFFLINE   bicker1

bicker1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:38 AM

I doubt many people would watch it if it was "good" in the way you imply.

#25 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

I'm watching episode 12, "Home" on WGN where Richard dreams about being back home and decided to see if they'd released Series 1 on DVD yet. It looks like it'll be out October 13th. Amazon has it for pre-order. I've only seen about half the episodes, but have really enjoyed the series.

According to LegendoftheSeeker.com, Series 2 starts the first week of November.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#26 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 814 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

I'm watching episode 12, "Home" on WGN where Richard dreams about being back home and decided to see if they'd released Series 1 on DVD yet. It looks like it'll be out October 13th. Amazon has it for pre-order. I've only seen about half the episodes, but have really enjoyed the series.

According to LegendoftheSeeker.com, Series 2 starts the first week of November.

Wow, blast from the past thread.

If you are still watching the show, you may want to check out this forum:
http://www.legendoft...forum/index.php
Because it's between seasons, the site is pretty dead right now. At the very beginning or season 1, it was pretty busy over there. But after the first 4 or 5 shows, site attendance dropped off considerably as people stopped watching and commenting.

There are Seeker forums on Terry Goodkind's site as well. However, they had a pretty big blowout early on in season 1. I guess the sites moderator got mad at all the negative posts and blew away the forums related to the show. Someone convinced him to put them back. However, the forums had a "talk nice about the show or else" kind or mantra after that.

Thanks,
Rich

#27 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

FYI that all the episodes are available on Hulu still.

#28 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

The boxed set is only 32 bucks, not bad for a 5 disk collection. I'm sorely tempted to order it and check out the extras.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...