Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Channels I Get" Issues - Q4 2008 Edition

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,216 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

I would think so too, Being able to see the correct channels in CIG List would be a Basic functionality of the reciever.

And it is. That is, if you believe the manual that came with the receiver. :hurah:
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

I have an old grandfathered Total Choice package and the following "channel not purchased" items appear in "Channels I Get":
UHD
HDNM
DIY
STYL
FMC
HINT
LOGO
OVTN
ID
PLGNHD
MILT
SPRT
BOOM
NKTN
GAC
BETJ
PLDAHD
VH1C
FSTV
HITN
HISE
SHO3HD
EXTRHD
HDNM (552)
PTNW
PBTV
BUY6
CLPS
REAL
JUCY
FRSH
SEXX
HUST
CBSCHD

I didn't bother with the sports packages or XM channels.

+1, except that I get the family package and HD Extra ones, but if you leave those out, I have the same non-subscribed channels in CIG.

You can also add all the RSN -1 channels that I don't get but show up as "Channels I get."

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

spam firewall