Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

lost use of my outside antenna

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Tiger62

Tiger62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

And 6 months from now, a transformer blows up in your neighborhood and fries your receivers, or a car crashes into a pole, or a lightning strike; whatever. DirecTV happily sends you replacements: an H23 and an HR23, which are the current receivers at the time. Both use wideband tuners and no BBCs, meaning there is satellite data on the same frequencies your OTA signals use now. At that point, diplexing is no longer possible.

Just something to keep in mind.

I'm certainly aware of that, but I'm also sure that I can cross that bridge when I come to it. Pulling another coax won't be any more difficult then than it is now.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

Well my wife checked our new D* bill and discovered that they were charging us for HD and so I called them.. We don't own an HD tv.. ( isn't HD free for the first three months?) So I asked them about what they could do for me about the loss of the antenna.. since they gave me HD 23-600's for receivers ..

and tonight they made it good.. very very good. good enough to say that I don't want to tell you how good it was.. I never call them and I have been with them for over six years.. I pay my bill and I don't complain..

Lets just say that tomorrow I will be coming straight home from church.. and I under stand that there are channel numbers above 600...

plus I didn't have to change my programming..

it really does pay to be nice on the phone all the time.. very very much so..

#23 OFFLINE   bertman64

bertman64

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

Are you getting channels above 600 you did not get with other receivers? You can add HD extra pack for 3 months free and watch on your non-HD tv's along with all the HD channels plus you get Dolby Digital audio on those. Then just run a separtate coax wire from ota antenna to whichever receivers have ota built in or add the am-21's to the ones that don't. But not having HD-TV's I don't see OTA being a priority and of course all analog channels will be gone by FEB.

#24 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

Or go SWM.....

was that go Posted Image or go Posted Image
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#25 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

Are you getting channels above 600 you did not get with other receivers? You can add HD extra pack for 3 months free and watch on your non-HD tv's along with all the HD channels plus you get Dolby Digital audio on those. Then just run a separtate coax wire from ota antenna to whichever receivers have ota built in or add the am-21's to the ones that don't. But not having HD-TV's I don't see OTA being a priority and of course all analog channels will be gone by FEB.

My guess is that bjlc will be watching too much football to worry about the hd extra pack.

#26 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

what time is kickoff?

#27 OFFLINE   terron

terron

AllStar

• Registered