Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Editing program names?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   William

William

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:27 AM

I just got the external drive option yesterday and archiving. I decided to edit the program names but have a couple of questions.

Can find a shift key so how do you capitalize a letter?
Where are special characters like /-)?
How do you edit a name after it's been moved to an external HD?

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

I just got the external drive option yesterday and archiving. I decided to edit the program names but have a couple of questions.

Can find a shift key so how do you capitalize a letter?
Where are special characters like /-)?
How do you edit a name after it's been moved to an external HD?

No shift key
No special characters
You can't
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   William

William

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:13 AM

No shift key
No special characters
You can't

So only the first letter can be a capital then? Also to edit the programs on my external can't I move them back (restore maybe) and then edit them?

#4 OFFLINE   JackDobiash

JackDobiash

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

You should be able to move them back, edit them, the move them again to the EHD, it will just take a while :)
ViP622 w/500GB EHD - Connected to Sony KDS-60A2000 60" SXRD RPTV and Sony Playstation 3 (20GB)
ViP722 w/500GB EHD - Connected to Samsung HL61A750 61" LED DLP RPTV and Sony Playstation 3 (60GB)
Programming - Americas Everything Pak + Portland Locals, HD + Platinum, DHPP (Service)
DishNetwork Customer since 1998

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

So only the first letter can be a capital then? Also to edit the programs on my external can't I move them back (restore maybe) and then edit them?

Yes, first letter only is a capital.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

spam firewall