Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sirius Stockholders Sue Sirius Management

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

By the way, I have no problem with HONEST lawyers. My brother is a judge and before that was a lawyer for many years. He was an honest lawyer when he was practicing.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:33 AM

Wonder how many of those sueing really examined what the merger promised??? Cutting 22% of the workforce and consolidating back office is not going to make up for the years of overspending by both companies. Bankruptcy is my prediction.

A small point may be, but why does the group call itself Saving Sirius? The name of the company now is Sirius XM. So do they only want to save the Sirius part of Sirius XM?

#23 OFFLINE   Greg Bimson

Greg Bimson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

I believe the entity's legal name is "Sirius Satellite Radio", while they are marketing themselves as "Sirius XM Radio".

#24 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

http://en.wikipedia....i/Milberg_Weiss

Actually, they were shut down. It may not have been shut down by court order, but the result was the same. The name Milberg still exists, but it isn't the same company.

I don't think the penalties were enough. I think that EVERYTHING that these crooks owned should have been taken away from them down to the shirts on their backs and then thrown in prison, owning only their orange jump suits. People like this make a mockery of the justice system.

http://www.bloomberg...joAw&refer=home

Actually, the law firm was not shut down and it exists today - read the link you posted. The lawyers that were guilty of crimes are no longer with that firm and lost their license to practice (some went to jail), many others left. I don't agree with what those attorneys did in the slightest I do believe the penalties and being disbarred are adequate penalties.

While those attorneys violated the code of ethics they did not change the cause of action (the wrongdoing by the defendants). The cases were valid...how Millberg Weiss got the representation was not.

So we have greedy, crooked corporate executives stealing from their shareholders and greedy lawyers offering to share their winnings (should they win) with plaintiffs.

#25 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

I believe the entity's legal name is "Sirius Satellite Radio", while they are marketing themselves as "Sirius XM Radio".

Oh great I didn't even know the company's legal name :rolleyes: I guess they thought it would help to keep XM in the marketing name so the people at XM as well as XM subs would think they had some representation in the company. What you are telling me is I just got a lifetime sub for a company whose real name I didn't even know :girlscrea :bang:

#26 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:12 AM

The lawsuit has been dismissed for now. http://seekingalpha....us-xm-dismissed

Protected By... spam firewall...And...